Newbie here

CarNut22

Hello all! I've been trying to find a way to meet locals for some offroading fun, and thanks to a certain post that made it to another club I am in, I stumbled upon this site. (The truck AC... that sure is making the rounds! lol!)

Anyways, I'm Nicole, and not just a newbie here, but a newbie to trucks AND 4x4. So I can assure you I am not only going to ask a TON of questions, but I'm willing to bet most of them will seem stupid. Please forgive me ahead of time. :D

I bought my 1990 Silverado about 2 months ago, and fell in love with it the moment I drove it. I'd always wanted a truck, and I'm so glad I finally got one. I've only taken it offroad once (first night I had it), and it was a BLAST!

Anyways, hello!

Welcome Nicole ! Please read all the little "stickies" at the top of each forum section. This will help you navigate this forum with out getting a black eye or tougne lashing. Plus they have lots of good infor to get ya started.
Again welcome to NC 4x4. :)

JB

Thanks, that's exactly what I've been sitting here doing, lol! Gotta learn all the etiquette and such, right? ;)

Welcome! Feel free to ask all the ?? you want. That's what a good section of the board is for. I've learned a lot from just reading the ?? and answers. Have fun! And, uh, Where all is that truck A/C thread? I know it made it to Pirate. Anywhere else?

LOL! Well, I found it on one of the FBody clubs I'm in... nethirdgen.org. That place loves to pick people apart, so it got posted as something like "redneckification at it's finest". It's a yankee club, they love to pick on us rednecks. ;) I found your idea to be pretty unique... can't say I'd do it to my truck, but that sure was "out of the box" thinking! At least you'll be nice and cool this summer, while I sweat like crazy in mine until I shell out some $ to get it fixed.

Yeah, we have some folks that are willing to try the out the offbeat here. You'll find folks here will suggest you cut your truck up a bit for best results. We take few things seriously here, but we are heavily into legal wheeling only (no powerlines, no construction sites, no private property without written permission, etc.).

There's all kinds here. Competitors, shops, old farts puttering in the back yard, weekend warriors, college kids with loads of spare time, married guys on a budget, etc. Rigs can be buggies, trailer queens, weekend wheelers, or DDs. Peter wasn't afraid to cut things up. Generally we leave that kind of work to body panels, and fenders.

Meet up with folks on a weekend run, and learn more.

Welcome.

J

Welcome... some of your '90 f-body would make a good parts donor for some vehicles here.. :D

What's the link to the f-body thread on the AC? :lol:

Rich said:
Welcome... some of your '90 f-body would make a good parts donor for some vehicles here.. :D

Some of it just might end up on my truck ;)

It's black. Red 4x4 decals and some on the back glass too. Can't miss me. :)

Back