Newbie to 4x4 and have a 2003 Excursion V10.

BuskerMain

A couple of years ago I bought a V10 4x4 Excursion with just under 200k miles on it. I'm discovering it's personality quirks. 275-78x16 commercial tires and 3.73 gears.
1. The rear window squirter doesn't work, but I can hear the pump working and loading up when I "activate"
2. The radio and other non essential electrical shuts off randomly.
3. Recently I was pretty heavily loaded and was doing a long climb from Kansas city to get up to the I80, was in cruise control and the engine shut off, all other electrical was working. Waited about 2 or three minutes and it started up with no other problems.
4. I've replaced the front sway bar links and bushings, All of the leaf spring bushings need to be replaced, and there is no rear sway bar.
5. I had an SPD Y pipe installed and my mileage went from the low 14's to the high 15's at an honest 80 mph 3000 mile round trip northern Utah to Kentucky and back.
6. Recently my excursion was tracking and rutting badly on any defect on the road, I had all of the steering links greased and now it's almost a completely different vehicle. ( bought all the parts) to redo the entire steering system except the steering box.
7. The rear suspension has what look like double overload springs and a pair of anti hop (?) slapper springs, they look kind of like hot rod traction bars. Mechanic wants to put F350 springs in. I don't want to lift, this is my road trip vehicle.
8. I really haven't a clue as to how to operate the 4x4 system. I think the locking hubs are stuck. I've used the auto system and it worked fine, but just recently tried the locking hubs and after disengaging I now have what sounds like a supercharger whine, and now the transmission lurches when shifting. The auto system has always worked fine in the snow over the last couple of years. I've got a limited slip rear differential
9. I've put 33k miles on my Excursion without any trouble which means it has 233k miles on it now with ZERO trouble.
10. My next immediate project is to replace the serpentine belt, tensioner and idler pulleys.
11. I seem to be getting some pretty noisy timing chain indication.... ( Don't want to do that myself)
12. I love my Excursion and at the same time I'm beginning to wonder how far down the rabbit hole this vehicle will take me if I let it.
Suggestions ?

Hubs are auto meaning there is a vacuum system that locks and unlocks the front hubs when you engage 4h or 4l. It uses a solenoid on the passenger fender to do it and it clicks them similar to a ball point pen. It pulses hard to lock them and softer to unlock. These do give trouble but are cheap. Also the hard line and soft line to each hub are known to leak with age. Replace if they look cruddy.

The hubs can also be locked manually by turning them to lock.

The hubs themselves will gum up with old grease and need to be cleaned out and relubed. Plenty of videos on YT cover this.

Rear window washer sounds like a clogged nozzle. Just replace it.

V10 timing chain and phasers is not a job for the random dude at home. Common issue on all Ford mod motors.

No idea on the electrical gremlins but sounds like something major is loose or corroded.

Don’t swap rear springs, Ex has plenty of spring for most towing.

The electrical issues only effect things that stay on as a courtesy after the Ex is turned off until the doors are opened (radio/ windows)? If so, the issue is typically the accessory delay relay which is integrated in the instrument cluster. There are plenty of videos on youtube on how to wire around it. Or, replace/ send it off to be repaired.

dude joined posted and was never seen again

Back