notary?

RufusTheRam

is anyone here a notary or know someone in the raleigh area that might be able to help me out? i need to have a title notarized so i can apply for a new one in my name. technically, i know both parties are supposed to be present with the notary, but to make a long story short we couldn't do that due to him getting lost on the way to raleigh (didn't arrive until after places were closed), and having to return to where he lives that night. i've met the guy a couple times before, the title is signed over by him, and i verified that all the info on the title matches his NC drivers license. certainly willing to pay for someone's time to do it or whatever. he's coming back this way in 2-3 weeks, but i'd like to go ahead and get it transferred asap so i can get tags/insurance.

RufusTheRam said:
is anyone here a notary or know someone in the raleigh area that might be able to help me out? i need to have a title notarized so i can apply for a new one in my name. technically, i know both parties are supposed to be present with the notary, but to make a long story short we couldn't do that due to him getting lost on the way to raleigh (didn't arrive until after places were closed), and having to return to where he lives that night. i've met the guy a couple times before, the title is signed over by him, and i verified that all the info on the title matches his NC drivers license. certainly willing to pay for someone's time to do it or whatever. he's coming back this way in 2-3 weeks, but i'd like to go ahead and get it transferred asap so i can get tags/insurance.

go to the local DMV (place to get your tags not ID :D ) most of the people that work there should be a notery.......or your local bank hope this heps

small car salesman. had one across the street, until he got busted for child support. my dad does it, (but we are in durham) and will probably let you do if you call and double check with him.

i've got it taken care of, thanks for the replys. it's not as easy as going to the dmv or somewhere, "technically" both parties are supposed to be present at the notary. that's what we planned, but he got lost on the way here and that putting us past 6pm going somewhere, and neither of us have the time to go to eachother's citys and do it for a few weeks. he was kind enough to leave me his tags on it and his liability insurance, but i'd feel ever so much more comfortable with my own stuff, especially the way i drive :flipoff2:

I'm a notary for future reference. But the easiest place to meet is a bank, they all have notaries and don't charge you for it.

yeah, i normally go to my bank to get stuff notarized. someone told me that the ups store does them also and they stay open later, like 6 or 7pm?

The only thing a notary can do is stamp what they see signed or proof you signed it.
If I get what you are saying is that you would like to get the notary to stamp it saying the guy that is not there with you signed it?
They can't do that.
They need the proof it was the same person.
You may get someone to over look that but not at a bank or large place.
The person here at NCDOT told me NO way even for me and I have known her a long time.
Jon

Back