NP231 SYE seal part number

getstucksome

So my rear seal on my NP231 is leaking. I called Tom Woods to see what the part number for the rear output seal was. They said they didn't have a part number, that they had switched to a new style rear housing for the sye and that I could purchase that for 30 dollars.

I just want to know the part number and I was going to see if anyone on here had replaced their rear seal and knew a Napa part number or something I could cross-reference to get a new seal.

What year/style 231 is it? The older internal slip yoke type use a different seal than the newer external slip yoke versions. The newer version is about $40 at the dealer and about $20 at Napa, although the one Napa said fit my vehicle did not match up at all. I had to go with the OEM. Good luck.

it isn't the stock seal, it's a seal for the slip yoke eliminator kit. maybe you confused me? :confused:
it's a 1997 np231 if that helps.
Maybe I did. Did not catch that that it was for a SYE. I bet it's the same seal that's used on the later model 231's. Take it to the dealer and physically compare with a 97 231 seal.

^that's what i figured. sux, but i'll just pull the case and check the seal. i was trying to make it a quick change, but you know how things go. thanks guys

I just installed a sye on my 95' 231, it may have the part number or something in the manual. But thats in greensboro. I'm going home tomorrow and i'll look for it if you like.

Its a Tom Woods brand, i did the complete kit, sye driveshaft, ere'thing. But anyways the part number for the "Seal Washer, Rear Yoke" is 300474 is that ain't it just lemme know and i'll look up what you want.

Back