NV4500 source?

Ratman

Mine keeps breaking. Its been built twice since the install. (once stock, once BOMBed) I'm pretty much convinced something is up with the machining of the case or its stretching.

Who is a good source for either a used 4500 or a reman unit. Currently, mine has a knock in 3rd and some noise in all other gears except 4th. Odds are, its a layshaft issue.

I purchased one off this dude - jrjeepparts@msn.com. He's VERY proud of his work. He sells out right with no core charge. Ships Forward Air for $150. His name is Jim. He sells frequently on Ebay.
His phone : 317-753-8889

Nothing else, I bet he can answer any questions.

i got mine from www.mantrans.com a few years back. excellent service, and the price was a little less than anywhere else i had found. they allowed me to use my nv3500 as the core, and also warrantied one transmission no questions asked (it was almost out of the warranty period also).

I'd consider either dodge or chevy.

I'd eventually like to have one to replace the getrag if it goes south and I think that the M1008 would be sweet with a 5 speed.

as far as i know, the dodge cummins and v10 to nv4500 bell is different than the dodge v8 to nv4500/nv3500 bell. if you have a v8 one, i'm ready to purchase (depending on price). i can get a new one through dodge with a nice discount myself, but it's still more than i care to pay considering what i payed for the one that's in my truck now from a junkyard. i put a nice crack in it on my last trip out though.

nv4500 is out of a dogde but i have a both bell housing gm,dodge to go both ways . i have been looking for rockwells.

Big output shaft 4wd? Mine is a 97 model (late 24v) box and transfer, 242 DHD I think. The spline count I think is 31. (been 2 years since it was installled. I'm very interested if it'll fit. I dont need the bell, shifter or any of the other stuff if the transfer will bolt up and it has the "hat" style shifter.

Big output shaft 4wd? Mine is a 97 model (late 24v) box and transfer, 242 DHD I think.

What the heck kinda truck is this? Cummins 24v's started in late 1998, and the t-case was always a 241D (with Dana70 rear axle) or 241DHD (with Dana80 rear axle) throughout the 1994-2002 run...

What the heck kinda truck is this? Cummins 24v's started in late 1998, and the t-case was always a 241D (with Dana70 rear axle) or 241DHD (with Dana80 rear axle) throughout the 1994-2002 run...

This is a 96 2500 4wd ctd 12v. Originally auto. I bought a total loss 97 according to the title, 3500 4wd ctd 24v that had a nv4500 in it. I swapped all the stuff into mine. The transfer cases had a different number of splines and one was a dld, the other (which is in the truck now) is a dhd. I never did find out if there were 2 versions of the 4500 output shaft. I know there are 2 different versions of the transfer input shafts.

The truck I bought took a huge hit in the l/f and had no readable production date information left on it. I never did anything with the title as I was parting it out anyway. The 96 has the trans, transfer, flywheel, shifter, console, driveshafts, pedals, steering column covers, clutch hydralics and crossmember from the 3500 in it. That was 4 years ago and I dont remember the numbers and didn't feel like crawling under it. :lol:

Back