Official Closure Notice of the Rocky Mnt Loop Section

DRaider90

Uwharrie Off-Road Volunteering

Hi Darin, Mike & Eli – Deborah and our Acting District Ranger, Mark Garner, asked me to send you a copy of our Closure Order for the section of Rocky Mountain Loop Trail that is temporarily closed while we work on alternatives to manage that section. Please post it on the appropriate websites for the 4x4 and motorized trail community to see it so they know before they come up to the Uwharrie NF that this section is closed to vehicles, horses, bikes, and dispersed camping. We will have FS tent at the Uwharrie Jamboree if people have any questions they can talk to our folks there. Please ask them to be polite to the FS people working at the Jamboree and on the trails because we are not the folks that make the decisions but are the folks that enforce the decision.

We appreciate all of your help and all of the help from the volunteers over the years and over this winter. We hope to keep working together to address the issues of this trail and other trails on the Uwharrie NF. If you have any questions feel free to ask me and I’ll answer them as best as I can.

Thank you. Bye - Terry

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Theresa Stevens Savery (Terry)
District Recreation Staff Supervisor
National Forests in North Carolina
Uwharrie National Forest
789 NC Hwy 24/27 East
Troy, NC 27371-9332

The closure notice is attached in .pdf format.

Attachments

• RMLTrailClosureOrder2013 (1).pdf
    289.2 KB · Views: 654
Back