Ok, tow dollys are dangerous, What about a tow bar?

I was coming home from Raleigh on day and seen a guy towing a 70's model Fords Ranger with a 90's model F150 extended cab. A few seconds later both trucks were doing a cartwheel one the concrete divider. It was still attached and I'm not sure how but both truck were badly damaged on both sides. Tow bar worked great for him.

as much as I'd love to have a bigger vehicle to tow my Willys with,I'm stuck using my 2001 Tj.I'ts a hand full from the time I leave to the time I get back.You can tell real quick which roads are taken care of better than others.Now this forces me to be extremely cautious while towing.I keep my speeds down below 100 :driver: and watch and anticipate all I can.So far I have had no problems with flat towing.To help with the weight offset,I load all I can into the wrangler to make her heavier than the Willys.All tools,jacks/stands,camping gear,spare parts go in the Tj as close to middle as possible.That helps out alot.The most I'll do on a good 4 lane highway is 50mph and it breaks down from there.So a pull from Goldsboro to say Boone is more like 8 hours.The pull from here to Eldorado outpost is 140 miles or 3.5 hours.I also stay clear of the major highways like I-40.

Back