Old Broughton Hospital Reservoir

jackedHB

Anybody know if you can still get up to the reservoir out watershed road in morganton? I know this is owned by the state now, and is off-limits to vehicles, but I have walked out many of those old roads when 4-wheelers were allowed and would like to hike up that way sometimes. Anybody know of the condition of the trails in the old watershed, where the sawdust pile used to be. I know there are a couple of you on here live out that way some lemme hear from ya.

Man the thoughts of the Sawdust Piles brings back some great memories. I use to ride up there many years ago on bikes and Jeeps. I took my first Jeep there and hit a couple of the medium sized mud holes there. It was a 304 cj5 on 31's. Bad thing was the floor boards were so rusted you had no where to put your feet in the passenger side. So needless to say we had mud all over us but never got stuck. We also use to party like crazy there too. I'd like to hear more about this place myself.

Used to ride across all the way to 64 about every weekend back in the day. I would like to know if you can hike out the to the old reservoir, I'd like to take my kids up there if it were possible. I know the State Park bought all of that, and need to make this side accessible to the public as well.

well I just happen to know the guy that owns the land that meets where the state bought. I havent been out there in a couple of years. but last I was out there (06) you could drive a vehicle down to where the saw dust pile used to be. there is a gate to stop you before you get to the old pile. never tried to hike up to the res. we just ride on my land.

What you owe me for? You paid for it. :rolleyes: I've had more people ask me about it since I sold it than when it was MINE. But I really would like to ride up that way sometimes. It wouldn't just happen to be a Chapman who owns the land now would it?

nah, the land I was talking about me and my dad bought in the early 90's. my corner is at the top of the trail on the right as you start down into the piles. then runs into the states line behind the piles. my gate is on the right before the pavement ends. just let me know when your on your way up. but I only have sundays off

I used to be in Scottie Chapmans hunting club out there back in the late 80's to mid 90's. He owned from the first road I think it was rich mt road and most of the land between there and the sawdust pile.

I think I know him. I cant remember who we bought the land from. it seems like there was 6 or 7 siblings selling the family property.

Back