Online Credit Card Companies

1695379589200.png

Open for anybody it looks like.

View attachment 404030

Open for anybody it looks like.
Thats a fluctuating money market fund though. Goes up and down, the 7 day yield right now is that high but the monthly average for the last year is still only ~3%.
Not saying don't do it, just understand there is a risk of loss unlike a savings etc.

Thats a fluctuating money market fund though. Goes up and down, the 7 day yield right now is that high but the monthly average for the last year is still only ~3%.
Not saying don't do it, just understand there is a risk of loss unlike a savings etc.

I mean look at the 1 year yield for any savings account right now, it will probably show similar. The lost risk of a money market is very low, and it is only when the fees are above the return rate, unless i'm missing something? I'm not in that exact MM, mine is a bit higher than that one in returns.

Gotta say I’m still very pleased with the customer service at Alliant on their 2.5% cash back card. Got this letter in the mail today.
IMG_1156.jpeg

Gotta say I’m still very pleased with the customer service at Alliant on their 2.5% cash back card. Got this letter in the mail today.
View attachment 407034
That's pretty good !

I have a BOA custom rewards card and have been super happy with it too.

If you're a preferred rewards member you get an extra 25 to 75% on top of the already pretty decent cashback. Provided that you don't spend more than $2500 per billing cycle, since it reverts back to 1% after that.

That's pretty good !

I have a BOA custom rewards card and have been super happy with it too.

If you're a preferred rewards member you get an extra 25 to 75% on top of the already pretty decent cashback. Provided that you don't spend more than $2500 per billing cycle, since it reverts back to 1% after that.
Alliant is 2.5% cashback on the first $10,000/month balance, then 1.5% after that. I wish I had less than $2500 per billing cycle. That's a rare bird at my house. :(

Alliant is 2.5% cashback on the first $10,000/month balance, then 1.5% after that. I wish I had less than $2500 per billing cycle. That's a rare bird at my house. :(
I guess I'm lucky ?
If I spend more than $2500 in a billing cycle I'm gonna be looking at bankruptcy soon lol

These conversations always fascinate me.
Let's assume you spend $5k/month every month on this card.
The Boa Card linked is 3% on the first 2,500 and then 1% after. Or 75+20= $95
The Alliant is 2.5% on the whole $5kooo or $125.

Heck let's now stretch this to the full $10k.
Boa = $150
Alliant = $250

At most we are talking about $100/month...in actuality its probably more like $20-30/month.

Ok?

Im sure you waste more than that just by what you choose to eat, or wear, or which route you choose to drive or what gas station you stop at.
It's noise. Pick something, move on and spend the mental energy saving a dollar somewhere else, or better yet earning $5 somewhere else.

Last edited:

Boa = $150
Alliant = $250

At most we are talking about $100/month...in actuality its probably more like $20-30/month.

Ok?

Im sure you waste more than that just by what you choose to eat, or wear, or which route you choose to drive or what gas station you stop at.
It's noise. Pick something, move on and spend the mental energy a dollar somewhere else, or better yet earning $5 somewhere else.
Get that logic shit out of here.
This is about the principle of getting the absolute most you can do you can boast about it and strut your rooster self. Wtf kind of man are you?

Get that logic shit out of here.
This is about the principle of getting the absolute most you can do you can boast about it and strut your rooster self. Wtf kind of man are you?
Maybe - but I can beat google maps by 2% everytime

Boa = $150
Alliant = $250

Ok?

It's noise. Pick something, move on and spend the mental energy saving a dollar somewhere else, or better yet earning $5 somewhere else.
That’s exactly what I did. And I’m so pleased with the result that I like to share it with my imaginary friends on the internet so that they also can not chase diminishing returns and enjoy the only pleasant banking experience I’ve ever had 🤷‍♂️

That’s exactly what I did. And I’m so pleased with the result that I like to share it with my imaginary friends on the internet so that they also can not chase diminishing returns and enjoy the only pleasant banking experience I’ve ever had 🤷‍♂️
Imaginary friend…..
Imagine that

Truliant Credit Union now has a 5% high yield savings account:

I've been dealing with them for years on auto loans, and had already been contemplating moving my main banking away from Truist to them anyway. They have a good amount of branches around NC and are based in Winston, so if I have an issue, I can go yell at them. Plus everyone in their branches has always been super friendly and helpful.

Truliant Credit Union now has a 5% high yield savings account:

I've been dealing with them for years on auto loans, and had already been contemplating moving my main banking away from Truist to them anyway. They have a good amount of branches around NC and are based in Winston, so if I have an issue, I can go yell at them. Plus everyone in their branches has always been super friendly and helpful.
Note this requires having an "active" checking account with them, minimum $1500 in deposits and 10 withdrawals per month etc. Otherwise costs $10.

Same reason I don't have the high yield savings at my own CU. They require a minimum of 10 debit transactions /month.
Since we pay everything via credit and do 1 transaction monthly to pay it off, and never use he debit card I'd never get the benefit.

Last edited:
Back