Opinion on 4" or 5" in. Exhaust on Duramax

I got a 4" ss magnaflow system on my 05 and it is just fine. I can not imagine a scenario where the 5" would benefit. 5" is for the guys that ride around with the 2 rebel flags flying in the back and an ego problem.:flipoff2:

5" will hurt your low end power unless you're making about 500 hp. Go with 4 inch. MBRP imo sounds the best. Go to their website and listen to it.

I can not imagine a scenario where the 5" would benefit. 5" is for the guys that ride around with the 2 rebel flags flying in the back and an ego problem.:flipoff2:

5" is for the guys like me that have a cummins making more power than your duramax. No flags flyin and no ego problem here. Haha. Had to say it. :flipoff2:

Go with 4"...I have 5" straight on mine (it was there when I bought it), but I have heard from many other guys that they lost a little low end due to slower turbo spooling with the 5". If I was going to buy new I would go with 4". 5" does have a little deeper sound though, but not much difference in loudness compared to 4" straight.

5" is for the guys like me that have a cummins making more power than your duramax. No flags flyin and no ego problem here. Haha. Had to say it. :flipoff2:

5 inch is for the guys who are trying to make up for inches lost in other places :fuck-you: LOL

I have 4 inch duals and they work great for me, but then again I am only making 375 to the wheels. Adam is making in the range of 500, therefor a 5 inch would better suit his truck...either way both are better compared to stock!

good luck!

5 inch is for the guys who are trying to make up for inches lost in other places :fuck-you: LOL
I have 4 inch duals and they work great for me, but then again I am only making 375 to the wheels. Adam is making in the range of 500, therefor a 5 inch would better suit his truck...either way both are better compared to stock!
good luck!

500? Come on now.

I have had 4" MBRP 409 Stainless on my 04.5LLY for 4 years now. It's sounds great and has held up perfect!!!

I do have a LB7 Downpipe though so you get alot more Turbo Whistle.

I'd put Dual 409 on my 07 CrewCab but I actually like ti being so quiet compared to the 04

5" is for the guys that ride around with the 2 rebel flags flying in the back :flipoff2:

I think the stacks might catch my flags on fire anyways , so I am gonna rethink that one :D

I got a cheap deal on a 5 in" . Deisel Addiction guys in Pollocksville had a price I could not turn down.

I have 4" on my cummins and it's loud...I wouldn't want 5" it would start to get annoying

My 4" has a rowdy growl when I have my chip turned up....but my tranny doesn't like it.

Yea a friend of mine told me about some guys in Ashville that do awsome tranny work on big trucks......I'm gonna check them out.

It won't be bad. 5" is not louder than 4". If anything it's a little quieter on some trucks. Just deeper.

I went from 4 to 5" straight pipe. You're right..it was a bit louder, but the real difference is how much deeper the sound. Now it's got twin mufflers so it's nowhere near as loud as it used to be.
I did put a 5" straight pipe on a friends lly and when you got on it, it sounded pretty damn mean. Nothing like a powerstroke's v8 sound.

Back