opinion on galloway, other shops for axle work

highsociety

checked their website and its pretty outdated, not that its the measure of a business... i was told buy a guy in salisbury that they do axle swaps, can find stuff, etc. said they were decent.

im looking for an axle to rebuid. i dont have the time or skill to re gear so i wanted to compile parts and drop off somewhere. get everything welded on, gears, locked and ready to bolt on.

so how is there work? who else in the area does this type of work? looking for opinions on shops in the area, reliability, honesty, price, etc.

thx

There are a couple shops.
-East Coast Gear Supply....cperry
-M&M Offroad....mpistolpj
-RIDES of Conover...91oneton
There are several other shops but these are the ones I personally recommend.

Galloways maybe to buy some used tires....thats about it

Galloways has always done me right.I have been doing business with them since 1992.I have had 5 trucks regeared by them.Only had one gave me trouble.And it turned out to be a bad pinion bearing.It was bad from the factory.They replaced it free.The factory had a recall.And its a 150 miles for me.And when they had to wait till the next day for replacment parts,Lester had some one bring me all the way home.Free now thats customer service.Lester has always been good to me.And when I bought my 49 irok's he was $1000 cheaper than anyone else.It's just the distance that keeps me from going there alot.

Without getting into the details on here about Galloways, I'd go with the shops listed earlier in the thread. If you want more info on Galloways use the search function, it will pull up everything you need to know.

thx for the info. have settled here and will be here for years, at least that's what the mortgage says. miss my shops in pa.
will need gear and locker work done in the next few months for sure. just want to make sure its someone that stands behind their work. and not someone that saw it done once on spike tv.

i was told that galloway was ok. they guy said they did sell a ton of tires and didn't really say much more about service. the guy that told me that say definitely stay away from toms. i decided to test the toms theory since they were semi local.

i drove up in the jeep after less than 10 min i understood why i was told they were tools. guy quoted me 118$ ea for black steelies lol. and then asked what i had on my jeep. he proceeded to tell me my lift kit was made by the devil and rough country was hand made by god himself. i am taking it a little out of context but the fact remains they were pricks. i wont be darkening their doorstep ever again. but it was a good laugh. :rolleyes:

thanks for the info. will be sure to get quotes from the above when i find a 44 or 8.8 or whatever i end up going with.

Back