828-465-3800
ridesofconover@yahoo.com

Oliver’s Custom Drive Shaft
Dave Whitley
707 12 ½ Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27101
336-724-1021
www.oliversdriveshaft.com

I'd buy them from that guy Brandon, I here the dude at olivers is a butthole. :)

Same thing I heard....lol

I'm considering coilovers as well.

The 18" ORIs fit in the space I have from the 18" air shocks and 16" 2.5 or 3" coilovers fit in the same spot, so I'm open to any of those options (unless its FOA...)

Well since rockcity started it, ima slip in here for a quick minute if you will pardon the slight hijack sir. I am at the same sort of crossroad, I have 14" Fox air shox up front with 4" fox bumps and 16"s out back no bumps on a lightweight ton tube buggy, I think I would be better served with ORI or C/Os for the hard bouncing type stuff so why would one be better than the other?? My setup is for mostly droop with only about 4" of shaft showing on all four shox.

Well since rockcity started it, ima slip in here for a quick minute if you will pardon the slight hijack sir. I am at the same sort of crossroad, I have 14" Fox air shox up front with 4" fox bumps and 16"s out back no bumps on a lightweight ton tube buggy, I think I would be better served with ORI or C/Os for the hard bouncing type stuff so why would one be better than the other?? My setup is for mostly droop with only about 4" of shaft showing on all four shox.
If you already have bumps you CANNOT beat a properly tuned coil over.....

Not going to dis tried and true coil-overs, but I will say this.... ORI struts are an awesome setup for rock crawlers and hill killers. From a fabricator aspect, they are super easy to package. From a tuning aspect, you can make an ORI setup do just about anything you need, if your not going fast for long periods of time. It takes less time to get them right on a rock crawler setup also. I really like ORI's on trail rig setups and competition crawlers, but sometimes on the fence as far as "semi go fast" hill killers.

With that said, I recommend at least? Remote reservoir coil-overs for cross country racing purposes.

I don't really know what category I am in really its usually crawl, crawl, bored....hammer down.. flip lol!!

Snappy was pretty much right on, when he commented on running coil-overs if you already have bumps. I would totally agree with it too, if I knew you had more up travel.

If that driving style consumes 80% of your time, I would sell the bumps and run ORI's. You can change the tune on ORI's anytime you want for a lot less money, because your not required to buy different shim stacks and springs.

Most people that run coil-overs start out wrong, because they didn't get the right spring setup to begin with. Then they end up just dealing with the problem with the brake pedal, and the steering wheel.

Snappy was pretty much right on, when he commented on running coil-overs if you already have bumps. I would totally agree with it too, if I knew you had more up travel.

If that driving style consumes 80% of your time, I would sell the bumps and run ORI's. You can change the tune on ORI's anytime you want for a lot less money, because your not required to buy different shim stacks and springs.

Most people that run coil-overs start out wrong, because they didn't get the right spring setup to begin with. Then they end up just dealing with the problem with the brake pedal, and the steering wheel.
That's kinda what i was thinking also but this is my first non leaf sprung rig and I am just trying to get it worked out for my style which is more bounce I guess. thanks for the replies guys

Back