Performance Offroad in Fayetteville, NC

77CJ5

Joined the Band
Banned
I tried doing a few different searches on this forum, and have not come up with anything.

Does anybody have any opinions, feedback (positive or negative), information, or experience with this shop, or their staff in regards to their quality of work, and their true expertise in the offroad industry? If so, please share!

I have been on their website. I am looking for more first or second hand experiences. Thanks in advance!

I have had some price quotes from those guys on several things and each time it was through the roof. I couldnt tell you if they do quality work or not because other shops have always beat their prices so I have never had anything done there.

If your looking to put your Caddie on 26" dubs that looks like the place to go.
fo sho' :huggy: Supply and demand...it is Fayetteville after all!
I have had some price quotes from those guys on several things and each time it was through the roof. I couldnt tell you if they do quality work or not because other shops have always beat their prices so I have never had anything done there.
Can you please direct me to those "other" shops?
I am seriously looking for a good fab shop, as I want to stretch and swap 1-ton axle under a CJ.

Carolina Truggies in Charlotte has some of the best fab in this area IMO. Alex and John put my jeep on 40s and are working on an incredible rockracing rig with tons and 42s. Hes a vendor on here as well. Their website is carolinatruggies.com.

Thanks a lot for the responses guys, and if there are any more places out there that would be up for a 1-ton axle swap, stretch, and custom suspension...please let me know!
Thanks again!

I have had a few TJs in that Performance half assed t-case drops on, had to re-tread trans skid plate bolt holes on a bunch of Wranglers they gave me a ridiculous price on DOM that I was looking to buy got it for about half of what I was quoted by them shipped from Ballistic Fab.

I know Keith Wilson from Wilsons Off Road he is a cool guy and trys to do the best he can. If you call him tell him Rob from Hendrick Chrysler Jeep told you to call. http://www.wilsonoffroad.com/

Someone else you can probably talk to is Dennis Davenport he is Offroad Engineering I don't have his number right now but I could send it to you later.

Sounds like a nice project I wish I could handle it for you but I don't think the property manager at the apartment complex I live at would like that too much nor my bosses at work.

Screen name- mpistolpj http://www.mandmfab.com/

Screen Name- rockmafia- Jims Garage- http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa164/jimsgarage/

Screen Name- Carolina Truggies www.carolinatruggies.com

And then there is us www.eastcoastgearsupply.com would love to help you.

Here is 3 shops you will have to travel, these are some of the best offroad fab guys on the east coast not just in NC. If i was going to have someone biuld my rig I would tote it to any one of these guys shops and hand them a check, they are all reasonable and are all quality. I know mpistolpj and rockmafia have some biuld threads on here so you can see their quality of work. Going anywhere else in NC may be a crap shoot. These guys are certified baddasses and this coming from a direct competitor so I would consider it a pretty good recomendation.

Screen name- mpistolpj http://www.mandmfab.com/
Screen Name- rockmafia- Jims Garage- http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa164/jimsgarage/
Screen Name- Carolina Truggies www.carolinatruggies.com
And then there is us www.eastcoastgearsupply.com would love to help you.
Here is 3 shops you will have to travel, these are some of the best offroad fab guys on the east coast not just in NC. If i was going to have someone biuld my rig I would tote it to any one of these guys shops and hand them a check, they are all reasonable and are all quality. I know mpistolpj and rockmafia have some biuld threads on here so you can see their quality of work. Going anywhere else in NC may be a crap shoot. These guys are certified baddasses and this coming from a direct competitor so I would consider it a pretty good recomendation.

There are 4 certified bad asses in this post ;)
Pot meet kettle

just take a look at Chase's Bowtie Cummins and you tell me.

I've got a friend with a rig at East Coast Gear Supply right now and he has nothing but good things to say about them.

Eric

Thanks a lot for all of the assistance guys!

I recently had an absolutely horrible experience with Performance Offroad. If anyone is interested in the details...just PM me.

On a much brighter note...and thanks to this board/thread, my Jeep is now in very good hands, and I look forward to doing business with a shop that I was refered to from this board.

Thanks again for all the assistance, and I look forward to meeting some of you guys out on the trails.

I have had a few quotes from performance and laughed as I ran out of the door. The better majority of their work I have seen looks ok on the street but they forget the important stuff like driveshafts or t-cases. I would not take my kids bycycle to them for a flat repair.

Thanks a lot for all of the assistance guys!

On a much brighter note...and thanks to this board/thread, my Jeep is now in very good hands, and I look forward to doing business with a shop that I was refered to from this board.
Thanks again for all the assistance, and I look forward to meeting some of you guys out on the trails.[/QUOTE

Your welcome.

What shop has your CJ now? Just wondering.

Hell I still laugh at the quote of $18/ft of 1.5" .250 wall DOM.

Back