Permit to purchase question

Monkeynono

I have a question in reference to one of the requirements for the permit. It states the you must be a resident of that county for at least 30days. How is that 30 measured? I moved here in November but did not get my drivers license till yesterday. (That was the earliest available appointment) Side note: I now officially live in a different state and county then I was born in for the first time in my life.

Obviously, you should print off your build thread that clearly documents you moved down on November 24th.

smart little women new york GIF by Lifetime Telly

So I filled out all the required things and dropped it off. I must say in comparison to NJ this is soooooooo much easier. Hell the fact that a real person was there to take my stuff and check and its only going to take 14days... My purchase permit from New Jersey still hasn't come back (filed in August) I think I'm gonna like it here

Another NC firearms question.

What is the law concerning AR style pistols?

I have a stripped lower (never built or registered as a rifle or pistol) and I was considering building it into a 300blk out pistol.

Residency isn’t defined by when you get a drivers license. If you have moved and you have a deed or rent and a utility bill, that defines residency.

So I filled out all the required things and dropped it off. I must say in comparison to NJ this is soooooooo much easier. Hell the fact that a real person was there to take my stuff and check and its only going to take 14days... My purchase permit from New Jersey still hasn't come back (filed in August) I think I'm gonna like it here

Most counties are all online now. Surprised you don’t have that option. Pitt County has the online option. 3 minutes on my phone, then a text telling me when it’s ready and I show ID to pick up at the sheriff’s office. :)

but, don’t hold your breath on the 14 days. In the past the 14 days has been 5-7 days and more recently (December), it was nearly 90 days. So, expect it to be longer.

Most counties are all online now. Surprised you don’t have that option. Pitt County has the online option. 3 minutes on my phone, then a text telling me when it’s ready and I show ID to pick up at the sheriff’s office. :)

but, don’t hold your breath on the 14 days. In the past the 14 days has been 5-7 days and more recently (December), it was nearly 90 days. So, expect it to be longer.
That is all good now. It was 13 days from drop off to pickup. Actually just did the papers for a few more permits....really want a Sig M11A1

Another NC firearms question.

What is the law concerning AR style pistols?

I have a stripped lower (never built or registered as a rifle or pistol) and I was considering building it into a 300blk out pistol.

As I understand it...

If it is a stripped lower, you can build either a rifle or a pistol. (you want to build it as a "pistol" first)

If bought/build it as a pistol, you can make it a rifle. and then turn it back into a pistol. But if you buy/build it as a rifle you can't convert to a pistol. Makes a lot of sense lol

If you like that, you should have moved to SC.

If you mean carrying an AR pistol in the car, ATF is probably about to mess it up but currently you can carry an AR pistol in a veh loaded, concealed and ready to rock just like any handgun.

If you mean carrying an AR pistol in the car, ATF is probably about to mess it up but currently you can carry an AR pistol in a veh loaded, concealed and ready to rock just like any handgun.

In NC with a CHP this is true.

Back