Picked up my first Diesel truck... few questions..

Yeah, I plan to pick up some gauges.. boost, fuel and EGT.... probably not worry about the trans temp since it's a manual.
As for the warranty:
I called the local dealership and the engine is good through 100k miles, I can pay a $150transfer fee to get the Powertrain (transmission, axles, etc.) extended to 2012 or 70k miles so I'm going to do that tomorrow... I meant to ask if it included the clutch, etc... I'll do that tomorrow as well.
As for modifications, all i'm looking to do is an Intake and Exhaust and I don't think that will void the warranties.
That would be the best $150 you'll spend on the truck.That's way less than 10% of the price of a new trans when it goes out.

Don't expect to see any performance increases, either. There's a guy on DTR that dyno'd 750hp through the stock exhaust. Swapped on a straight pipe and picked up 10hp. That's nearly a rounding error.

Yea but the sound of a Cummins rippin out of a 4" turbo back strait pipe with no turbo silencer ring is priceless :driver::Rockon:

Yea but the sound of a Cummins rippin out of a 4" turbo back strait pipe with no turbo silencer ring is priceless :driver::Rockon:
Unless your stuck beside it in traffic.

Looks good, I wish I had found a flame red one to match the jeep :bounce2:

I also like the black door edging i guess its called. I might take mine off and do that.

Also the dealer will know when you add a tuner because it resets some stuff in the history they will see. The smarty jr won't though. It all has an economy setting.

... I'm still young enough to do the stupid borderline obnoxious stuff in an attempt to catch attractive females attention ;)

Hopefully some day you'll grow up enough to learn the difference between good attention, and the bad kind of attention from females...
Until that time comes, I've got a sneaking suspicion you will be staying single...:lol:

/Hijack off

To the OP, clean looking truck, nice find!

turbo silencer ring? easy to remove? I'd love to hear it spooling up...

Crazy easy...but dont expect to hear alot more. I could hardly notice a difference with mine out. But then again my truck is straight piped already. :lol:

You going to get something to pull now? :flipoff2:

Crazy easy...but dont expect to hear alot more. I could hardly notice a difference with mine out. But then again my truck is straight piped already. :lol:
You going to get something to pull now? :flipoff2:

HA...

Plan to pull the silencer tomorrow and straight piped (well left the cat) it today... :flipoff2:

Working on something to pull...

Just yanking the silencer doesn't do much. You need a high flow air filter to really hear it, something like a BHAF. There's a newer one a lot of people use now, but I can't remember what it's called.
Course I thought the silencer ring was a thing only 12 valves had! :lol:

Just yanking the silencer doesn't do much. You need a high flow air filter to really hear it, something like a BHAF. There's a newer one a lot of people use now, but I can't remember what it's called.
Course I thought the silencer ring was a thing only 12 valves had! :lol:

I've removed mine and I have the BHAF on my 01 and you can hear that turbo hiss like crazy under throttle. I love it. Everyone thinks something is wrong when they ride in the truck, haha.

leave the cat. they tend to drone a little with a load otherwise.

Samu, shouldn't you be putting a buggy back together?:flipoff2:

Cat's staying on... it's actually no louder on the highway than before and sounds quite different around town... Now just need to pick up an intake, 2" leveling kit, and some 35's....

Cat's staying on... it's actually no louder on the highway than before and sounds quite different around town... Now just need to pick up an intake, 2" leveling kit, and some 35's....
You going to wheel that thing or what?

Back