Pics of folks breaking the rules at URE

GotLime?

This is livetorun's idea, but I think it is a fantastic one.

If you see someone littering, going off trail, etc take a picture.

Post it in this thread with trail, date. time, what they did, description of the vehicle, description of the riders/occupants etc.

Lets see if we can shame some folks into doing the right thing!

Only problem is that shines a negative spotlight on our sport for tree huggin liberal types to use as ammunition for trail closings.

Only problem is that shines a negative spotlight on our sport for tree huggin liberal types to use as ammunition for trail closings.

This is the reason we do not post pictures of wrong doers at Potts Mountain on our local forum. It just adds fuel to the fire for the greenies. We just turn the pictures over to the conservation officers and let them do what they do.

Hi, I disagree. In my opinion the best way to fix this problem is if the FS starts handing out tickets. Start making me pay fines and I will follow the rules a little better. Heck a FS Ranger can shotgun with me, all I ask is to bring your ticket pad. But probably legal reasons that can't happen.

Hi, I disagree. In my opinion the best way to fix this problem is if the FS starts handing out tickets. Start making me pay fines and I will follow the rules a little better. Heck a FS Ranger can shotgun with me, all I ask is to bring your ticket pad. But probably legal reasons that can't happen.
Heck id welcome one to ride with me

81 w250 clubcab 318mag 300hp d60F&R 4.11 35s
94chevy silverado 350 4l60 325hp 3.73 32s

sent by telegraph from my w250

Post pics and, yes, someone may take them and try to use them against you. But on the flip side, 1. It shows that you are willing to police your own and 2. If someone wants to use a picture to make OHV users look bad, they will find a way to do it anyway. The current system of policing the trails is not working so new ideas are needed. An easy way to keep the picture from being used against you is to write text on top of the picture so if the picture is used, the text cant be removed. This can be easily done in any photo editing software. If I have a picture of someone off trail and super imposed over it are something to the effect of "John Q Offroader is breaking the rules here. This is not responsible use and will not be tolerated within the OHV community", then that picture cant be used without that message going with it.

We used to ride alongs regularly.

Back