Pictures, Pictures, Pictures

andysleds

Why is that people do not post pictures when trying to sell stuff. Is it just laziness or stupidity of how to load them. It frustrates me to look at a post (especially of something that is more then $100) and not be able to look at the condition, color and so on, and at the bottom it will say to send an e-mail for pics.

It is really easy to open a photobucket account and load them on here. Do people need help with this? I will help anyone if so.

I could think of a few reason people do not post pictures..
1. they dont have a camera
2. they dont have a way to host the pictures.
3. They dont know how to transfer them to the post.
4. They dont have time
5. They are not sure it is worth the time if it is something like, "Stock TJ bumper"
6. Some things dont need pictures like a new locker. Everyone know what it looks like.
7. Lazy is a good one. They want to guage interested before they take the time to get pictures.
8. My favorite, the picture would make the product look like it is worth less, because of wear and tear etc that the buyer cant imagine. The buyer pictures it the only way he/she can, New.

I will think of more. Thanks John

I don't think you read the entire first post, jeepercreature.
"at the bottom it will say to send an e-mail for pics."
The post implies they have pics or access to a camera to get pics.
Instructions for posting pics have been posted many times, they could do a search or ask in a post. The same goes for hosting and posting.
As for time, it takes a lot less time to post them once than it does to email them out to every Tom, Dick, and Harry that post request of pics.
If you are wanting someone to spend their hard earned money (especially of something that is more then $100), at least put forth the effort to post a pic.
I just hate all the "email pics here" post that fill four or five pages when you do a search for new post. Just my $0.02.:flipoff2:

Thanks fisher_man_matt! This is my point exactly. A few times now I have had interest in things, but when I can't look at it with leaving a post that says "send me pics", I will probably not buy. Also there are times that I maybe looking for something for a friend and when there is no picture, I can't tell them about it. It is very easy to get a photobucket account and load pictures and takes less than 1 minute to load them then attach the link into your post.

Maybe a picture isn't important to them. Do I think it would help them selltheir itmes? Yes, do I like to see pictures of stuff for sale? Yes, do I prefer Picture books over written books? Yes... But also, do you believe every picture you see on the internet? :D

I posted several items recently for sale. I had no idea I would have the response that I did. so, I did finally post pics to save me time. There are a lot of reasons, but mine was laziness. I had to take the pics, resize to fit the board guidelines, and then post. so there ya go, sorry if it, messed up your day, but I admit it.

I have laziness. Also, I have a bunch of stuff for sale, and don't have the pictures hosted online, nor the patience to really do so. If i were to post pictures of all my stuff, noone would be happy. If I were to post pictures of some of my stuff, people would want the pictures I didn't post. For me, its efficiency/laziness.

photobucket resizes pictures automatically for you, allows you to post the pics on multiple boards without re-uploading, and is free... i dont understand the problem... i completely agree with the point at hand and make it a point to post pics of anything i sell online- be it worth $5 or $1000... it only takes a few seconds folks and saves trouble in the long run

now if you don't have a camera, thats a whole other story

fisher_man_matt said:
I don't think you read the entire first post, jeepercreature.
"at the bottom it will say to send an e-mail for pics."
The post implies they have pics or access to a camera to get pics.
Instructions for posting pics have been posted many times, they could do a search or ask in a post. The same goes for hosting and posting.
As for time, it takes a lot less time to post them once than it does to email them out to every Tom, Dick, and Harry that post request of pics.
If you are wanting someone to spend their hard earned money (especially of something that is more then $100), at least put forth the effort to post a pic.
I just hate all the "email pics here" post that fill four or five pages when you do a search for new post. Just my $0.02.:flipoff2:

acutally I did read the post. Just because it says email for pictures does not mean they have pictures. That is my point they may not have access but when they see that there are interested people they will make the effort, I.E. borrow a camera, buy one, take a picture and figure it out, etc. Dont get me wrong, I hate it when this happens too but I can understand someone not having pictures when the add first gets put up. anyway, my 2 cents. I try to get pictures posted when I sell something too. But when there is a list of things i just cant see pulling all the crap and snapping all the pictures making sure they all come out well, etc.

andysleds said:
Thanks fisher_man_matt! This is my point exactly. A few times now I have had interest in things, but when I can't look at it with leaving a post that says "send me pics", I will probably not buy. Also there are times that I maybe looking for something for a friend and when there is no picture, I can't tell them about it. It is very easy to get a photobucket account and load pictures and takes less than 1 minute to load them then attach the link into your post.

So your saying you are too lazy to email the person and ask for pictures? :flipoff2: Just kidding, I think there are times where pictures should be posted and sometimes when they are not really really needed. I was simply being the devils advocate to give example of when people that dont post pictures and there reason why.

91yota said:
photobucket resizes pictures automatically for you, allows you to post the pics on multiple boards without re-uploading, and is free... i dont understand the problem... i completely agree with the point at hand and make it a point to post pics of anything i sell online- be it worth $5 or $1000... it only takes a few seconds folks and saves trouble in the long run

now if you don't have a camera, thats a whole other story

I do agree that I love to see pictures and if I dont see a picture it is sometimes a deal-breaker. I tried buying some seats on another board and the person selling would not even show a pictures so I kind of felt like ok, well if you are not even going to send a picture after it was requested I will not buy them.

the person selling would not even show a pictures

That is something worth being suspicious of. Also, they probably wanted cash only, no delivery sort of thing.

oh how in the world did people ever buy/sell stuff before the internet and digital cameras:shaking:

In my case, my dinosaur computer wont let me upload pics. On the three vehicles I recently posted, I did say I would e-mail pics. How can I e-mail pics if I can't upload? I had someone take pics and e-mail them to me, and then I just forward them to all interested parties.

Do you know how long it takes to upload pics on a dial up conection of only 24K ,sometime it can take over an hour.

My problem with emailing pictures is I am still dial up. Closest digital is over a mile away and I live on a dead end road. Forget emailing me 2 meg of pictures cause it will tie up my email for 30 minutes. At least if they are uploaded and added to the post I can decide if I want to wait for them or not. If the uploader is really smart they will groom the picture so as not to waste bandwidth and still get a good visual posted.

I have 10 meg of space with my earthlink account so I don't need photobucket or any other provider. I ftp to my space and drag and drop. As long as I keep them 75k or less then it's quick even with dial up. I've recently posted some video and I just watched a little outdoor channel while it uploaded.

junkman said:
Do you know how long it takes to upload pics on a dial up conection of only 24K ,sometime it can take over an hour.

Have you tried a different modem? I can usually get 38-44k in the rural area I live.

Kevin Lawler said:
Have you tried a different modem? I can usually get 38-44k in the rural area I live.

Where my mom lives on Lake Gaston, the best we have ever gotten out of several modems is 36k. It's the crappy phone lines and distance to the center, modem makes little difference.

Back on topic - I will make a general offer open to anybody on thsi board.
I have a domain with significant (10 gigs?) amounts of web space and more bandwidth that I will ever use.
ANYBODY that wants pics hosted for posting here, just email/PM them to me and I'll upload them for you and email a link. Hell, if yer email is slow due to 24k modem, *mail me a floppy disk or CD* and I'll stick it up off of that.

I am the first to adnit lzainess and often not posting pics. But there is no question, you will sell your stuff easier/faster.
Plus, I think of it as a sharing info type of thing. i may not be interested in buying an all original '52 Jeep Truck or a Ford on 70" tires, but I'll still click on the threads b/c I'd love to see pictures of them.

RatLabGuy said:
Where my mom lives on Lake Gaston, the best we have ever gotten out of several modems is 36k. It's the crappy phone lines and distance to the center, modem makes little difference.
Back on topic - I will make a general offer open to anybody on thsi board.
I have a domain with significant (10 gigs?) amounts of web space and more bandwidth that I will ever use.
ANYBODY that wants pics hosted for posting here, just email/PM them to me and I'll upload them for you and email a link. Hell, if yer email is slow due to 24k modem, *mail me a floppy disk or CD* and I'll stick it up off of that.
I am the first to adnit lzainess and often not posting pics. But there is no question, you will sell your stuff easier/faster.
Plus, I think of it as a sharing info type of thing. i may not be interested in buying an all original '52 Jeep Truck or a Ford on 70" tires, but I'll still click on the threads b/c I'd love to see pictures of them.

That's a very generous offer!!!

Back