place to get 19.5 tires

Got mine from Rides.

If you are open to the idea of retreads, my brother ran a set of 225/70R19.5 from Treadwright and was pleased with them.

I'll only throw this in here, because it is my first hand experience..Fawk retreads.

I got 6 brand new re-treads (245/70/19.5) in trade for a bumper a while back, and I have been replacing them 2 by 2 with new, because I cant get them to ride well to save my life. I purchased my new ones from American Tire, but I believe you technically need a wholesale acct to buy from there?

I'll only throw this in here, because it is my first hand experience..Fawk retreads.
I got 6 brand new re-treads (245/70/19.5) in trade for a bumper a while back, and I have been replacing them 2 by 2 with new, because I cant get them to ride well to save my life. I purchased my new ones from American Tire, but I believe you technically need a wholesale acct to buy from there?

how much are they costin you new?

how much are they costin you new?

I really dont remember exactly, and I bought them kinda under the radar. I needed them ASAP for a trip at the time(so, just swiped the CC), and have only replaced 2 so far. Wanted to start shopping them again here soon, but finances have been dictating I will be dealing with the bounce for a while.

Oh, and when towing heavy, (2 rigs and trailer) they are not too bad, single rig/trailer still bounced. Unloaded, cant go over 65ish without loosing a filling. Havent been driving it unloaded much. :lol:

Hmm, not going to dispute you, but where did the retreads come from? I believe the ones my brother got from Treadwright were Bridgestone carcasses, he had no issues balancing them (internal bead balance) or with ride.

What load range were you running? He was running load range F tires, but would drop the pressure down to about 50-60 when it wasn't loaded (F450 aluminum flatbed) at the recommended 95psi, yea that would be a rough ride unloaded.

Hmm, not going to dispute you, but where did the retreads come from? I believe the ones my brother got from Treadwright were Bridgestone carcasses, he had no issues balancing them (internal bead balance) or with ride.

What load range were you running? He was running load range F tires, but would drop the pressure down to about 50-60 when it wasn't loaded (F450 aluminum flatbed) at the recommended 95psi, yea that would be a rough ride unloaded.

Your cool man, I am game for discussing this like an adlut, and its slow at work today. :beer:

They are F's, (12ply(I think?) Bridgestone carcasses, no-name retreads, from I have no clue where. Air pressure helps, but doesnt make too much difference when the SOB's aint round.

The fronts I replaced with new, are freakin 16 ply(cant remember what letter) and ride 10x better then the rears(recaps) even at sidewall PSI. Rough ride(stiff) is different from bouncing(not round) in my book. Rough ride can be helped tremendously with air PSI.

And I will say I have heard good things about tread-right (mostly here), and I would have tried them before I got burned on these. No more retreads for me.

Your cool man, I am game for discussing this like an adlut, and its slow at work today. :beer:
They are F's, (12ply(I think?) Bridgestone carcasses, no-name retreads, from I have no clue where. Air pressure helps, but doesnt make too much difference when the SOB's aint round.
The fronts I replaced with new, are freakin 16 ply(cant remember what letter) and ride 10x better then the rears(recaps) even at sidewall PSI. Rough ride(stiff) is different from bouncing(not round) in my book. Rough ride can be helped tremendously with air PSI.
And I will say I have heard good things about tread-right (mostly here), and I would have tried them before I got burned on these. No more retreads for me.
Yea, I just wasn't sure since you mentioned it got better with a load on it if you were just having a stiff ride from the heavy load rated tires. I know how bad out of round tires can be, the Dynatrail 235/85R16s I had on my dually were all 6 out of round, it would rattle your teeth.

Back