PNs for 14b lug studs and nuts?

chupacabrah

I'm looking on rockauto.com and I see packs of 5, but I am not sure of the threading and size, etc.

what do I need to be looking for?

I need all 16 nuts, but I really only need a few of the studs

if they carry these at autozone that works too, but I'm not sure what vehicle to tell them to get exactly what I need.

thanks

i always use 1978 as my default truck year. are you running rear disk? the studs on my rear disk are a lil short for my liking and ill be changing them soon. if thats the case you may have to find a parts guy willing to actually help you find studs by thread pitch, over all length and size of the knurl on the stud.

Not yet, but I will be installing disks.
I was hoping someone already had a PN or model to look up for right-sized studs. :)

I guess will just have to look by goal and error. Any chance you know the thread size & pitch?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

9/16-18 is what 95% of that stuff is... unless they're 1/2-20. Some of the pre-80 Ford stuff was 1/2... never seen it on Chevy 8-lug hubs, but I can't say it never happened.

I'll second the comment about disc studs being too short. They're okay with a steel wheel, but not long enough with an AL wheel.

You can browse the Dorman catalog here: http://www.dormanproducts.com/catalog/2006_hardware.htm. Scroll down to section 10. They'll have stud profile drawings, too... so you can try to find something with the same knurl size that has longer threads.

Back