Power Steering Cooler tech?

frankenyoter

No Rain, No Rainbow
I’m waiting on my TG power steering pump to arrive for my Toyota mini truck with a 3.4

the kit ships with the little mini radiator looking thing that’s supposed to zip tie to my new radiator. I’m thinking not the best option and I don’t want to fawk with my nice new radiator.

So...

what should I use? Space will he limited. To the best of my knowledge the heat sink tunes are the best option? Where to purchase and any hot tips!?!?

I had to ask the previous installer where he got the plastic ties, when I took mine off for some painting work. Orilly's carry them, the same as many electric fans & coolers use. It is a zip tie, but it's straight & probably 10" long. The end that tightens up against the fins, has a silver dollar size round zip lock. As for something different, that's probably up to imagination.

I hated the idea of mounting a cooler to a $300 radiator so I drilled holes and ran small stainless thru bolts into my grille (they're like 100 bucks 😂)

This one is just a stock GM cooler I found in a junkyard. No complaints.
IMG_20210220_083310378.jpg

It doesn't have to be in front of the radiator (it can be above, below, etc), and it doesn't have to be close to the face of radiator. Just put it where it will get air, and make a bracket for it. The usual choices are to mount it at the bottom, or mount it from the top core support, or make straps or a plate that bridge across the radiator. All depends on the size of the cooler and the dimensions of the radiator, and what's available to mount to.

Would the radiator style or the tubular heat sink perform better?

I still have some time before I make this happen. The 3.4 motor inside a 94 engine bay is tight. Would it be ok mounting where the battery was originally? I’d cut a hole in the inner fender to let air in. I’ve got headers I’m sure the under hood temps will be more than normal.

Back