power wheels questions Updated question 9/17

Lizooki

Samurai Frogger
Being out of work and bored ........ with a brain that likes to short circuit and then the lights come back on in strange places .... I got some questions.

Power wheel ride on toys for kids. I have 2 grandbabies turning 1 in a couple of weeks, so this is for future reference ..... kinda.

1-How long does a stock battery last?
2-will a stock motor and battery set-up drag a full-grown fatboy around at walking speed for 3-4 hrs?
3-You guys that used to do the down-hill power wheels race ( or anyone else ) got parts of a wore out or busted Power wheels laying around for cheap?

1-How long does a stock battery last?
The stock size 14-15aH 12V agm battery lasts 10-15 mins when new, less as it ages. We'd get about 6 months out of them before they had to be replaced.

2-will a stock motor and battery set-up drag a full-grown fatboy around at walking speed for 3-4 hrs?
I think you're way overestimating the attention span of a toddler, or how long an adult can tolerate the lack of any kind of suspension. Do you enjoy your spine?

I used the highest amp hour sealed ups batteries I could find when my kids had the power wheels. Didn't take long before we started hooking them up in series for 24v power. These would generally last 1-1.5 hours so I had several sets that we would rotate through. My son would get bored with the stock stuff, but once he started shredding and drifting with the 24v's he'd run them 3+ hours. Hence the need for several sets of batts.

I used to order the gear boxes by the box too. 24v and bouncing around took it's toll. Told little man to stay in the throttle - none of this on and off start stop sillyness. He needs to commit and go for it. Which he did quite nicely.

The peg perego stuff held up pretty well for us. Specifically the John Deere Gator which is nice, wide and stable, and the large 4 wheeler that actually had some suspension did pretty well.

When he finally outgrew them there wasn't much left of any of them. But both the JD and the quad where junkyard finds that we scored for free. A new one should last you about 10 years before the plastic is too brittle. Keep em out of the sun best you can. It's a ton of fun to watch kids learn how to drift around the swing set, go mud bogging in their own dug out holes, start putting screws in the wheels for more traction and so on...

I did the 20v drill battery conversion to both of ours and my wife could drive it around. If you take a bike tire cut it in half and screw it to the back wheels they will do wheelies.
BBCF1192-7350-4769-8BAA-B63AE1E27CA9.jpeg

So resurrecting this just because yall be the best brain trust think tamk I know of ......

How would this work for an electric ride on cooler?

scootermotor.jpg

Back