Private land invite...if you're close enough?

marty79

Just thought I'd throw this out there in case anyone is "close enough" to the area that the land is in...South Mountain State park area, about 10min from there towards Vale.
If you wanna come play/ride/test run/break in whatever you need/want, this saturday I'm doing an Open Invite to local Jeep groups so posting here as well if any of you are within a reasonable driving distance and want to haul out here.
There's about 300acres, SXS trails everywhere but limited Jeep trails lol, I've cut everything myself. There's enough to have a decent several hours of driving time/trail riding and then there's 2 trails that are the cool fun ones to play on (rocks, hilly, lockers with 35s minimum required, with a really gnarly exit that I've only made once when I snapped rear axle in pieces lol). The rest of the trails are just cool primitive trails through the woods, little obstacles here and there, very scenic, just a cool place to ride. Of course you could plow through and make a trails HAHA.
Just throwing it out there in case anyone kinda close by wants to come out.
Family Friendly atmosphere, mind your manners/language and behavior. Don't mind if you have a cold beer just no rowdy type lol.
((There will be more of these invites monthly once I get situated in my new home and shop and am getting several locals interested in work days so trail clearing should start to pick up))

Just thought I'd throw this out there in case anyone is "close enough" to the area that the land is in...South Mountain State park area, about 10min from there towards Vale.
If you wanna come play/ride/test run/break in whatever you need/want, this saturday I'm doing an Open Invite to local Jeep groups so posting here as well if any of you are within a reasonable driving distance and want to haul out here.
There's about 300acres, SXS trails everywhere but limited Jeep trails lol, I've cut everything myself. There's enough to have a decent several hours of driving time/trail riding and then there's 2 trails that are the cool fun ones to play on (rocks, hilly, lockers with 35s minimum required, with a really gnarly exit that I've only made once when I snapped rear axle in pieces lol). The rest of the trails are just cool primitive trails through the woods, little obstacles here and there, very scenic, just a cool place to ride. Of course you could plow through and make a trails HAHA.
Just throwing it out there in case anyone kinda close by wants to come out.
Family Friendly atmosphere, mind your manners/language and behavior. Don't mind if you have a cold beer just no rowdy type lol.
((There will be more of these invites monthly once I get situated in my new home and shop and am getting several locals interested in work days so trail clearing should start to pick up))
Who owns the land?

Just wanting to understand the arrangement

Who owns the land?

Just wanting to understand the arrangement
I don't want to get really "technical"....there's not any "arrangement" lol
It's a customer I've known for 3yrs and have become very close so he allows me to do just about anything out there. He allows me to invite anyone that I want/trust to be on his property..it's as simple as that. His name is Sam! Real old school southern hospitality that you don't see much of anymore, gives access to anything I want on his property and even to friends I bring out. All he and I of course only ever want/ask that anyone who comes respects his property and home, not sharing the location with anyone unless it comes through me. If you're worried about "legalities", I promise you there are none...as long as you are aware of the obvious as with any "park"...no liability obviously, we're all on our own as we are at any Off Road Park...

sounds like a big liability for the owner. Suggest you make them sign a waiver for injury.

sounds like a big liability for the owner. Suggest you make them sign a waiver for injury.
We have a neighbor at the front of our entrance to our neighborhood. He had a patch of woods that had gotten really over grown and had some half fallen pine trees etc., was an eye sore for the neighborhood. A bunch of us asked the elderly man if we could take a Saturday and clean it up for him. He was ecstatic, very appreciative and we decided on a Saturday. When we arrive there is a new beautiful Mercedes in the driveway, as we start getting out of our vehicles this man gets out with a bunch of papers in his hand. It was the elderly man’s lawyer son and he made each of sign a liability waiver before we could even set foot in the property. I found it so sad and such a representation of society. However, I completely understood since there are so many sue happy people out there today.

We have a neighbor at the front of our entrance to our neighborhood. He had a patch of woods that had gotten really over grown and had some half fallen pine trees etc., was an eye sore for the neighborhood. A bunch of us asked the elderly man if we could take a Saturday and clean it up for him. He was ecstatic, very appreciative and we decided on a Saturday. When we arrive there is a new beautiful Mercedes in the driveway, as we start getting out of our vehicles this man gets out with a bunch of papers in his hand. It was the elderly man’s lawyer son and he made each of sign a liability waiver before we could even set foot in the property. I found it so sad and such a representation of society. However, I completely understood since there are so many sue happy people out there today.
couldn't agree more..its sad truth the way people are. I've not done a paper for anyone yet but everyone keeps telling me I should so I guess I'm looking into it. sucks I know

...no liability obviously, we're all on our own as we are at any Off Road Park...
Just to follow up along @BigClay 's story....

Any (legit) offroad park is a business. They have a massive insurance policy covering the place, knowing the activities taking place. They also all (at least all the private land) have liability forms you sign either for the day or to get the membership.

I'm sure everybody hast he best of intentions. I hope it becomes something awesome, I just hope this doesn't become an issue.

So did yall clean it up or not? I'd have told the son that if he has time to write up paperwork and show up, he has time to take care of his parents.

So did yall clean it up or not? I'd have told the son that if he has time to write up paperwork and show up, he has time to take care of his parents.
yup, hand the guy a saw, "Glad you're here to help, I suggest you carefully park that Benz to prevent any possible damage."

We did, as the old man was a good guy, his son on the other hand…. We all decided that was the last time and 10 or so years later the old man has passed and the son is renting the house and that track of woods is right back to looking like it did, but we are not touching it again.

So is it this same property as this?
My motivation to haul butt and build it is I now have 382 acres of land 12 minutes from the house to go turn into my own off road heaven so that will be my motivation lol. The whole "keep it nice looking" just went out the door as fast as it came in LMBO. It's gonna get full bumpers, sliders, boat sides, full body armor/exo cage, doubler and eventually coilovers but for now simple quick spring/shock setup to get it back in the woods.
We started on the land yesterday, and wow wow wow, I don't believe I'll ever need to trailer this rig anywhere with almost 400 acres at my disposal. There's ravines and creekbeds and hill climbs with rocks that I probably won't ever do, lol, but just from what I've seen, has more potential than all the parks combined that I've been to. We've been riding SXS everywhere and wow, those are pretty dang cool and make getting around with chainsaws real easy. Not gonna lie, 4seater SXS with the Fox suspension lockers and all can really go places lol but them boys ain't seen anything on 40s with tons/doubler/v8 go through there yet haha. Videos will come months down the road when we start wheeling and breaking

Cool, glad to hear it's still working out. Through the years we've heard of many great ideas and great wheeling spots from many different people, but most of them are just a flash in the pan and get sold off or run off within a year or two. You've cleared the 2 year mark on this and still have momentum, congrats!

Cool, glad to hear it's still working out. Through the years we've heard of many great ideas and great wheeling spots from many different people, but most of them are just a flash in the pan and get sold off or run off within a year or two. You've cleared the 2 year mark on this and still have momentum, congrats!
I can see that happening, not with him. hes had it in the family generations so not going anywhere

Back