project"high-tower"

quickracer

i picked this up tonight,VERY tall and in need of Lots of TLC.
Current spec's,89 extra cab,22re,5 speed,dual cases(marlin),OBA,Full hydo,lift unknown(and bent springs)3 inch body lift:confused:,Dana 60 front 35 spline 456 gear with drive plates,rear 14 FF 456 Detroit.
First things first..sell the diamond plate steel bed,and the front bumper,then lower this bad boy(its over 7 ft tall)
take out the VERY bent rear leafs and link it/air shocks,then who knows..LOL
ai282.photobucket.com_albums_kk275_quickracer11_toyextracab.jpg

What size tires are you running? Seems similar to my truck but mine sits lower

sell the yellow yoda based buggy already?

What size tires are you running? Seems similar to my truck but mine sits lower
39.5 tsl on the front and boggers on the rear,,all with h1 wheels,what front spring do you have in yours?how tall is it to the roof?i have 24 inches of bell clearence to the skid plate and a wopping 7 ft plus to the roof.its SCARY...LOL

26.75 to frame and cab height is 6'3" on 42s

I'm running stock 3rd gen springs in the front with my frame extended like 4 inches.

well,i finally lowered it as much as i can,still too high for my liking.
i replaced the stock rear springs that had 4 inch blocks with some Brand new Chevy 63s,they still had the order tag on them.Also shortened the wheelbase from 123 to 119,(i moved the rear axle up to the back of the cab).I got some 84 Toyota rear springs and built a complete spring pack out of them using a partial set of Chevy 6 inch lift springs,this moved the front axle forward a few inches.
As for the body lift,i cannot remove it due to the motor/trans,t case lift,its all about 1/2 inch from the floor,I'm not ready to cut the tunnel out yet to lower the cab.
The truck is buried in the garage(which is embarrassingly a mess),so when i get it out ,i will snap some pics.

well,i finally lowered it as much as i can,still too high for my liking.
i replaced the stock rear springs that had 4 inch blocks with some Brand new Chevy 63s,they still had the order tag on them.Also shortened the wheelbase from 123 to 119,(i moved the rear axle up to the back of the cab).I got some 84 Toyota rear springs and built a complete spring pack out of them using a partial set of Chevy 6 inch lift springs,this moved the front axle forward a few inches.
As for the body lift,i cannot remove it due to the motor/trans,t case lift,its all about 1/2 inch from the floor,I'm not ready to cut the tunnel out yet to lower the cab.
The truck is buried in the garage(which is embarrassingly a mess),so when i get it out ,i will snap some pics.

Wow you get sh!t done in a week! Cant wait to see how it comes along.

Where was that picture taken? I need to go there!

Wow you get sh!t done in a week! Cant wait to see how it comes along.

Where was that picture taken? I need to go there!
im not sure were the pic was taken,i got the truck from Kentucky.Tellico mabey?
im not going to spend too much time with the truck,just getting it reliable and safe so i can go wheeling.i might build a tube chassis and transfer the parts into it at a later time.

Def. entrance to mason jar.
They dont have to be memories if you would stop being a tool and come wheeling again.
:flipoff2:
hahahahah, time to get back in with your friends Treadway.
Jim the truck should be fun, nothing like caving in a good toyota cab. When you takin it out for it's first beatin?

Def. entrance to mason jar.
They dont have to be memories if you would stop being a tool and come wheeling again.
:flipoff2:

Im really digging drag racing right now. I've always liked motorsports. Wheeling, drag racing, my Yamaha 1000. Me and the wife keep talking about building a rig...

First we gotta get moved and start my own Shop building thread. I'll be back in an EB this time around.

Back