Project Lazarus..

ghost

6CDA2BDC-F779-4B68-8CB8-F848C00AE947.jpeg
CC63AF61-80BF-4226-8CBF-378795E40547.jpeg
D3729F26-C52D-423D-B8FB-B37A4340A257.jpeg
088D3E49-E75A-429B-B8E3-19A1ED061C9C.jpeg

Okay so this was not a project I was expecting but life and death happen. This will be a long one so quit now if you don’t like reading. On September 26th while hanging and meeting some of y’all I received the news a dear friend had passed. My friend William was close friends with my step daughter. When she passed from leukemia at 20 he was there for me and my twin boys. He got this Jeep new in 00 iirc. Came by my office the day he got it. We spent a lot of time together working on it, changing the oil, upgrading it and general repairs. We had talked earlier in the week about putting a new water pump and power steering pump on it. His brother and I talked on Saturday while at the top of Daniel. William had had some kind of heart failure at 39. I think being there, a place we had been together, and being around great people helped a lot. My twins and I were asked to be pallbearers at the funeral Saturday Oct 2nd. At the same time I was asked if I was interested in Williams Jeep. I said of course but didn’t have the cash and that we could discuss it later. On Sunday his brother called back with a price and inquired if I was serious. I said of course but I’d have to talk to the bank tomorrow. So Monday I talked to my bank and obtained a personal loan to get the Jeep. It was all too clear that this Jeep was getting sold and fast. So Monday I brought Lazarus home. 2001 TJ Sahara with an auto.

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss, but glad to see the spirit live on.

Sorry for your loss, but glad to see the spirit live on.
Thanks. I was thinking I forgot to mention Lazarus was what William called his Jeep. It would have issues at times but always seemed to rise from the dead.

Good on you for getting his Jeep. Sorry for your loss. I had no idea when we talked Saturday night.

Last edited:
I'm so glad this is about to happen. I was there when the news was shared. I saw first hand the pain in the heart of one of my closest friends. @ghost
Get me a parts list together. I'll help in any way I can put this build together. XJsavage has got your back.

Last edited:
I'm very sorry for your loss. Some of us know that pain all too well of losing someone that we should be so lucky to call 'friend' or even 'brother.'

I might have some spare stuff laying around in the garage. Post up on here what you need when you come across it. I don't think I've got anything TJ specific, but if you make any changes along the way, I might be able to help you out.

He has boxes in the back some have parts. Almost an entire OBA system minus the compressor. First thing I want to get right is the radio. Yea I know but that was something he and I worked on before he moved to Arizona a couple years ago. He moved back about a year ago. It’s got a Chrysler logo when it comes on. Might be from a JK. Looks like he did some cutting on the TJ plastics.

263FF987-F989-492D-A035-E963A2CA44D5.jpeg
16C3DA92-9CB0-45AA-B77D-93137E7E566A.jpeg

Any thoughts on what to search for?

He has boxes in the back some have parts. Almost an entire OBA system minus the compressor.
I have a York 210 compressor that I'm apparently never going to use (had it 15+ years :shaking:). If that will work, PM me your ship to address.

Sorry for your loss. The radio deal might be some ain’t thief device, I know GM has it if you remove the radio you have to hook a scanner up and reflash the computer or some shit like that

Also have to address the engine light. 4.5 or 4.6 stroker. Idk which.

D0422FCC-4C26-477E-8AC3-08EB2C053C91.png
0978B2A1-A955-4A11-98D1-57164EDD5C72.png
CDBEEB34-EECE-44CB-9FC6-D59995BC73A4.jpeg

Does it feel pretty healthy? I know you're spoiled with that big block Ford now. :D

Does it feel pretty healthy? I know you're spoiled with that big block Ford now. :D
Actually it does not. The check engine light was off all the way to Hartsville. Sent my son to the store and it came back on. He was thinking it might be an exhaust restriction. Like a clogged cat. It handles fine but it's boggy.

So an update.
0E7CA6FB-16C5-4772-8ACC-3C2AB8430D01.png

CEL showed back up. Talked to the @Jody Treadway O2 sensor ordered. She cam alive this afternoon. We are thinking the gas’s sitting may have cased the boggy ness. We shall see.

Ok, rear shocks are ordered. Fronts are on national back order. Called 3 different shock dealers and looked on 4 or 5 other sites. So this thing has the original factory shocks from 01. Anyone have some stock front shocks to get me by. Will be posting in the wanted section. This is what I need.

Install shocks this week man what a difference. The thump is gone. Replaced the O2 sensor and the code is still there and the other one came back. I found a vacuum port open on the intake and plugged it.
FDECDBDF-BDCD-4F02-8554-4FADA479AEFA.png

So I walked away for a bit. The battery has died a couple times and I knew I had a draw. So I finally got around to diagnosing the issue. Fuse 24. lead to instrument cluster and that lead to multifunction switch on the column. If I unplug the white plug on the back it started the hum from the column. Unplug the cluster and multifunction switch and it all stops. Switch plugged in and she hums. Plug the cluster in no switch and the light blinks. SO draw is in the wire between cluster and switch on column?

Attachments

• IMG_2841.MOV
    11.8 MB
  • 464D94C0-83E8-49C7-8FD8-671F431E5268.jpeg
    464D94C0-83E8-49C7-8FD8-671F431E5268.jpeg
    170 KB · Views: 142
  • B2BD1472-8D33-433C-B524-3EBD6996B6CF.jpeg
    B2BD1472-8D33-433C-B524-3EBD6996B6CF.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_2844.MOV
    12.8 MB
  • A4D163F8-22FE-4DF6-ACDD-18384AA6AE81.jpeg
    A4D163F8-22FE-4DF6-ACDD-18384AA6AE81.jpeg
    108.4 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
So after lunch I started testing. Plug is falling apart in my hand.

Attachments

• 99D294FD-2ACA-4502-BF53-ABD2BA988BEF.jpeg
    99D294FD-2ACA-4502-BF53-ABD2BA988BEF.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 164
So I got a kit that came with wires. Also got a kit to remove the pins off Amazon. Replaced the crumbling connector and that didn’t fix it. So I replaced the multifunction switch.

567992A5-F2AA-4216-8C62-FE555211D65D.jpeg

So that made the light get dimmer but not out. Connector was toast and looked melted from heat so I figured replacing the switch was worth the $40. Still pulses the oil pressure and temp gauges. Unplugging the white cluster connector makes it stop

CE0D4BF1-E26A-40B5-AA6F-A419F6A72C06.jpeg

This I think is the correct pin out for it. None have voltage coming through them but 1-6 all test continuity to ground. Number 5 is the ground wire.

61CB58DA-734B-47DF-801F-F2D197C97253.jpeg

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Ok so back here again. Jeep is sitting because I'm stuck on this. It sounds like you have a key in the ignition but there is no key. I fixed the plug and it does the same. I will try messing with the ignition next I think.

Ignition unglugged and still does it. Unplugged the led tail lights and still does it. It actually sounds like the hazards are on. It's pulsing like they are but they are not. Unplugged the flasher relay and still goes. I did find that with LED tail lights it needs and LED relay. The front turn lights are not LED. Any thoughts on that maybe my problem? I keep thinking it's a wire somewhere in the dash or body harness. I'm stumped.

Battery voltage good? Grounds good and clean? No shitty aftermarket alarm? I would try a draw test with a test light, unplug random fuses 1 after another and see if you see a change, you could do it with a volt meter but I find it easier with a test light (if you don’t have 1 you can always make 1 with a old headlight)

Battery voltage good? Grounds good and clean? No shitty aftermarket alarm? I would try a draw test with a test light, unplug random fuses 1 after another and see if you see a change, you could do it with a volt meter but I find it easier with a test light (if you don’t have 1 you can always make 1 with a old headlight)
That was done to narrow it down to where I am now. Talked to the @Jody Treadway briefly yesterday and unplugged the oil sending unit to see if the draw and pulse stopped. Nope. I'm back to this cluster or wiring or a faulty new multi-function switch.

Back