Project Rustbucket

RobMcBee

Slow n easy when you're not gettin greasy....
The title says it all.... I picked up this ole MJ ab a year ago and have been slowly working on since. Well I ve been laid off for the past few weeks and now Ive got the time to get a lil done....
This is where I started.
IMGP0834.jpg

IMGP0835.jpg

IMGP0838.jpg

Engine is actually out of a 96 cherokee unsure of the miles..
IMGP0840.jpg

Driver and pass rockers were rotted away....
IMGP0994-1.jpg

IMGP0993.jpg

Driver side fixed...
IMGP1000.jpg

IMGP0999.jpg

Pulled the bed so I could clean the frame and re plumb the brakes.... Decided to just build a flatbed instead...
IMGP1006.jpg

IMGP1008.jpg

IMGP1013.jpg

IMGP1015.jpg

IMGP1016.jpg

IMGP1019.jpg

IMGP1020.jpg

Is this the guy I bought the 15X10 wheels from?

Pulled the front axle today to replace with a non disconnect 30 w/ 3.55 instead of the 3.07. Rear was replaced too w d35 w disc brakes from my old zj Im parting out. When I took the front wheels off I found this....
IMGP1122.jpg

I think these are a lil thin..... funny part is the pads were almost new...
IMGP1124.jpg

I dont think the rotors were ever changed....:shaking:
FREE HP D30 vac disconnect COMPLETE w/ umm Brakes??
YOU PICK UP.......

Looking good. Nice work on the body. Were you able to use those rockers/corners you got from me?

Also, any plans to lift it?(maybe i missed that part)

What are those seats from?
They are out of a 2009 GMC 4500 I got them when I used to work at a Ambulance company up here
that appears to a closed loop cooling system? sure its out of a 96?
It is but the actual engine is from a later model someone had done a swap before I got it. I ran the vin from the block
Looking good. Nice work on the body. Were you able to use those rockers/corners you got from me?

Also, any plans to lift it?(maybe i missed that part)

Hey Adam yeah those rockers were a BIG help i just needed something to build off of b/c as you can see they were rusted out completely.I have put a very mild lift on it 2.5 shackles in the rear and 2" pucks up front but it sits almost level. I dont want to do too much b/c I hope to DD this thing so I can get my TJ in the garage. Ill put up more pics when I get the front axle back in....

Update....

Finally getting back on this thing.... Heres my new list of things needed to be done...

New Brake hard lines.... almost done

finish interior
finish brake lights
roll on the rustoleum.... Flat black

Ill get some more pics up soon......

Back