propane adapter

upnover

Grumpy, decrepit Old Man
I acquired a forklift tank that has been switched. Instead of feeding off the bottom to give liquid, it has been switched to allow propane gas, like a BBQ bottle. I want to be able to use it for camping and so on but need an adapter so I can connect the grill, stove and so on to it. Any ideas?

Does it have the internal POL fitting on the valve in the tank? And you need to convert it to hook up to appliances that normally accept disposable cylinders?

Not sure what a POL is. The tank is a regular forkift propane tank. What I need to do is be able to hook a BBQ grill hose to it.

Not sure what a POL is. The tank is a regular forkift propane tank. What I need to do is be able to hook a BBQ grill hose to it.

Even though your tank has a vapor valve in it, does it look identical to a liquid forklift valve? The only difference between the two, externally, is the metal tag on the handle.

It is a liquid forklift tank. The vapor, and liquid sides have been switched. The BBQ end that attaches to the tank won't fit it. The outside of the connection looks the same, but the part that goes inside is different

00079435.jpg

one of these ?

Pictures

Here's a few pitures that may help. There are no threads on the inside of the forklift tank valve. The last picture is the BBQ tank.

aclagrills.com_grillpartpics_86495.gif

I think this is what you are looking for, will fit all newer propane tanks,

unfortunatly, CLA Grills is out of stock till mid Sept.

Keep in mind, the old style fittings threaded (left hand) into the center of the valve, the newer one's thread outside.

aclagrills.com_grillpartpics_86495.gif

I think this is what you are looking for, will fit all newer propane tanks,

unfortunatly, CLA Grills is out of stock till mid Sept.

Keep in mind, the old style fittings threaded (left hand) into the center of the valve, the newer one's thread outside.

I have one of those. It fits the BBQ tank, but the center doesn't fit the fork lift tank.

ok, so what you are looking for is the lift truck coupler then correct ? as in, the pic I first posted?

Or are you looking for the internal thread for the old style BBQ tanks valves ?

I have a few of the lift truck couplers, in my service van.

Kevin

The lift truck coupler for the propane tank, and on the other end, a fitting that I can hook the BBQ tank hose to. What I wanting is an all hard mount, if that makes sense. I have a "tree" that I hook up to it and it has several places to put other things too like the cook stove, heater, lantern and so on.

The lift truck coupler for the propane tank, and on the other end, a fitting that I can hook the BBQ tank hose to. What I wanting is an all hard mount, if that makes sense. I have a "tree" that I hook up to it and it has several places to put other things too like the cook stove, heater, lantern and so on.

The easiest way for me to set this up for you would be to replace the valve with a valve designed for a 30lb cyl. It is possible for me to adapt it down, but if you intend on mounting a tree to it, I wouldn't adapt. That would be alot of stress on those brass fittings. Let me know if I can help. You might have to drive down, but I could fix it for you, probably using spare stuff I have laying around.

Back