Propane use

Webbinator

Question for you guys running propane. About how long trailriding do you get out of a forklift size tank? I'm looking at setting up my 258 to run on it and was just wondering how long I could get out of a tank. Normally go to Uwharrie and Tellico. Thanks.

I went to the Dixie run this last October. I run out one and a partial everyday. Forst day was more useage due to having to keep my Jeep running for my OBA useage and charging batteries beacuse of excessive use of my air tools and welder. The other days I ran out on the way back to camp. We camped below crawfords, so there was a lot of travel miles and time, just to get to the trails. I would say your 258 will do better than my 360, but I would still set it up for two tanks.

Ok, thanks guys. During lunch with Zubz and Mazer from CRS the other day, this came up for discussion. They pretty much thought the same thing, but thought I should get the skinny from some guys that actually run propane.

I use less than one tank in a day with my 305.

BUT, until you have positively determined that in a worst-case scenario you will not run a single tank dry, I'd say to carry 2... ;)

Back