Pulling left when braking

foreman1063

02 f-350 dually psd. When I brake the truck pulls to the left. The pads appear to have quite a bit of life left and the left wheel has a lot more brake dust than the right. The problem just started after a towing trip to Harlan Ky.
My first thought was a sticking caliper or dry, gunked up caliper pins. Any other areas I should be looking at to fix this problem? Thanks,
John

That sounds correct to me.. rear brakes can also pull the vehicle to one side too...

i had a dodge that did the exact thing.......ended up that the right side wasnt pulling at all for some reason then one day the left went out in a rainstorm it was a BLAST!

Replaced the left front caliper, lubed the slides and pins on both front calipers, thoroughly bled the front calipers and still pulls to the left. Also, The left front wheel and rotor is much hotter than the right. The pads have lots of life left but could they be the culprit somehow?

Replaced the left front caliper, lubed the slides and pins on both front calipers, thoroughly bled the front calipers and still pulls to the left. Also, The left front wheel and rotor is much hotter than the right. The pads have lots of life left but could they be the culprit somehow?
You just did the left and not the right? If the brakes are the source, then it should pull to the side that is working or braking harder.

Exactly.
You may have a bad right front caliper that is not working at all/up to normal forcing the left side to work harder to stop.

1st thought was check rears, but when you add in the front temp diff I would start with Right front

I was thinking along the same lines about the right side when I pulled it apart and lubed up the pins and slides. Since it did not help maybe the caliper itself is not doing the job. Guess I'll try a new right side caliper next. Thanks for the input guys.

Back