Questionable inspections?

R Q

JUST in case my wifes tint on her windows were 1/2 a shade too dark, where in Charlotte would one go the tech may have slightly bad eyesight?;););)
PM me if you have an answer..
Thanks

Just roll the windows down. Works for me every year with every vehicle at different locations. Don't cost anything by failing inspection.

Just roll the windows down. Works for me every year with every vehicle at different locations. Don't cost anything by failing inspection.
Yes but IF they do check the tint and it fails then you are in the system as failed due to illegal tint and no one will touch afterwards with the tint still on it. Thats how the shop that used to do hers got busted.

That didn't work for me a few months ago. The guy that owns the shop told me the cops are cracking down on window tint now. My truck had passed the previous 5-6 yrs I have owned it. I finally finished removing it this past w/e. What a pain. It took 1 hr per window with a razor blade since it had been on there so long.

I posted a thread asking this same question over in general tech about a week ago. No dice. I drove almost 4 hrs round trip to go to my old faithful shop to get mine inspected. I can understand why people don't want to out any of their friend's inspection shop that is "understanding" on the tint issue. If a shop gets caught...blah blah. I get it. I understand that side of it. If I had a shop myself, I certainly wouldn't want anyone to post my name online as an easy inspection pass.

Being on the other side of the issue, It sucks to have an otherwise perfectly legal and roadworthy vehicle cause me headache when it comes time to get it inspected. As for taking off the tint, that sounds like a nightmare, and I simply do not want to do it, or pay to have it done. It does indeed suck to be such an bad @ss outlaw :shaking: with my tinted windows. At least I'm good for another year...

That didn't help you at all, I just had to vent. :wtf:

If you are looking to remove tint: I have a friend that bought a product called Tint Off! From Wal-Mart that worked really well. His tint was pretty jacked up and the spray took it right off.

DMV has really cracked down on window Tining
I have had to remove several in the last few months
U may end up removing the 2 front windows to get it to pass

Assuming its a suv or truck just roll the front 2 down and pull the window fuse, if it is a car then all windows have to be 32% and this won't work.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk 2

Inspection station owner told me they will fail you if they cannot 'roll up' the windows to check them.

Back