Quick Tellico question

TheZenTree

Does a vehicle need to be registered and insured to run the NC Tellico trails? I looked around and couldn't find anything about it, and have asked a few people and gotten mixed answers. So...does anyone know for sure?

That's a good question. They let quads in... what is the rule at Uwharrie? Anyone know?

From what i understand yes, the vehicle does have to be registered. But there is a section that runs from the first parking lot on trail 1 to the paved part on the TN side that allows quads. With all of the buggies cruising the trails up there it cant be inforced to much. But then again, why risk it?

Josh

i ran there and didnt have problems, i would like to know what the deal with buggies are, because i saw quite a few 2 weeks ago

Two weeks ago there was a clean up going on. I was there with CTB. From the parking lot/pay station on trail one, all the trails, to the paystaion at state-line you do not have to be registered. But you must carry your trail paystub. If you camp or park your tow rig somewhere other than between these boundries you do run the risk of a ticket.

You must have tags and insurance on any road, dirt or paved in NC that is state maintained. If you get caught driving onthe dirt roads leading to the parking sites you could get a ticket. At UNF I see 4wheelers and dirt bikes ticketed all the time. Remenber, there is a differance between roads and trails.

junkman said:
You must have tags and insurance on any road, dirt or paved in NC that is state maintained. If you get caught driving onthe dirt roads leading to the parking sites you could get a ticket. At UNF I see 4wheelers and dirt bikes ticketed all the time. Remenber, there is a differance between roads and trails.

There is a sign right around the parking lot on the NC side that says "End of state maintained road" From what a ranger told us years ago ,ride your quads,buggys and unregistered stuff between there and the stateline camp ground and you're ok.

BIGWOODY said:
There is a sign right around the parking lot on the NC side that says "End of state maintained road" From what a ranger told us years ago ,ride your quads,buggys and unregistered stuff between there and the stateline camp ground and you're ok.

I was told the same thing last weekend

Back