Raleigh shops near lake boone trail

69cruzer

I am going to be coming up and looking at an toyota land cruiser fj-62 for sale in the raleigh area soon. the a/c for the truck is inoperable and i would just like a general inspection of it before the transaction takes place.

You guys have any suggestions of shops?

Thanks
Spence Wilcox

I worked at a repair shop for about 3 years on Hillsborough street that did a/c and pre-purchases (what you want). Its called White-Wall Auto and as far as I'm concerned we are one of the best. We would have people come from as far as Chapel Hill and anywhere from the beach just to get their car worked on there. That's where i would take it.

i live right near lake boone, and would be happy to take a look at it with you. i've got a decent amount of professional and nonprofessional experience in diagnosis/repair. like michael said, whitewall seems to do a decent job. there's a little phillips 66 station in ridgewood shopping center near the intersection of ridge rd. and wade ave. that does okay also, someone there must have some cruiser experience i've seen a fair amount of 55's/60's/40's there over the years.

Maybe outta the way but...

Take Capital BLVD north take a left on Durant Rd. half mile up on the left is a place where my father-in-law takes his landrover to be fixed. I forget the name of the place but the guy does good work.

Hey,

i'll make a plug for the shop i work at, Global Performance Motorsports. We're located up Hwy70/Glenwood Ave, turn right by CarMax onto Ebeneezer Church Rd and then left onto Barefoot Industrial Rd. we work on a lot of old and new vehicles and deal with a lot of big trucks and jeep type vehicles and do anything from custom modification to basic repair work (including a/c).

Global Performance Motorsports
8628 Barefoot Industrial Rd
Raleigh, NC 27617
(919)-784-0411

happy trails,
bigmac

Back