RDU re-gear options

SW1968

I am looking to do a re-gear on my TJ in the Raleigh/Durham area and am looking for options other than ECGS? I am willing to drive within an one hour radius. Thanks.

I am perplexed as well, I would love to live near ECGS.

I have my own gear kit that I got else where and they prefer to use there own parts other wise they won't warranty their work.

I am not looking for them to warranty parts but rather their work. Maybe I am worrying about something that doesn't need to be worried about. I hear they do great work and have no issue with them at all.

Their "work" can easily be accused of being incorrect because of bad parts. That is a liability that a lot of places don't want to take on. Example, a bearing goes bad in the master kit you bought, you blame them for the install on not getting the tolerances right and that is why it went bad. They blame you for the parts being bad. Its a no win situation for the shop.

You will find it pretty hard to find anybody to warranty work of parts that you have bought elsewhere.
X2. At the shop where i work if the customer supplies their own parts, we put in bold letters "CUSTOMER SUPPLIED PARTS, NO WARRANTY" right on the bottom of the invoice.

That said, I'd take ECGS's non warranty gear install any day. They do top notch work.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Back