really quick intake question.

Just a coment Torkers are good for high RPMS with bigs cams

performer is a better choice you wil have a better idle

A single plane is just fine for propane. We don't have to worry about atomization of the fuel and all that jazz, so you can get away with a MUCH more "agressive" intake.

man, just the phrase " more agressive" is going to make me look for something other than the Performer seriese. On Pirate I'm asking about building my 351 to run propane and have low end power and people are telling me to build a budget 393 using a stroker crank, stock 351 connecting rods and stock 302 flat top pistons. the guy that told me this said i could get 11:1 compression, plus that 393 umph.

and i thought this would be "simple"

Don't get me wrong, the performer & performer RPM are very good manifolds, but you won't have the same problems with Torker series on 'pane that you'd have with a carb.

With a stroker, I wouldn't think you're gonna see the benefit of a single plane though, I'd bet the performer RPM would be perfect... Isn't that what Nuts runs on his 360? That thing runs very nicely..

orange150 said:
man, just the phrase " more agressive" is going to make me look for something other than the Performer seriese. On Pirate I'm asking about building my 351 to run propane and have low end power and people are telling me to build a budget 393 using a stroker crank, stock 351 connecting rods and stock 302 flat top pistons. the guy that told me this said i could get 11:1 compression, plus that 393 umph.

and i thought this would be "simple"

I just finished my 393 back in the summer. I paid $250 for the Eagle crank. That is the only added expense over a stock rebuild. Besides the stock crank need to be turned and polished. I used SpeedPro Hyperuetectic pistons for a 302 instead of the 351W to correct for the longer crankstroke. I ended up with a dishtop to get my compression where it needed to be. The flat tops, like you said, make 11:1. I'm very satisfied with the end results of my engine. Desktop Dyno says my combo make 400fltbs of torque from 1500-4000. I've always been told, "there's no replacement for displacement."

allright cool.
so it seems i will probably do the 393, performer rpm, someone said i should just call to compcams or somewhere and they can cut me my own camshaft given the specs. now its just down to heads.

Well sticking to the thread topic I went with a Professional Products Typhoon 351W intake. Its very similar to the Edelbrock RPM, but has a rear coolant crossover to keep a more constant head temp. Most Ford intakes do not have a rear coolant passage but can be tapped and modified.

hey Rich... or I guess any of you propane people. One guy on PBB is telling me that I should run a single plane intake:
run a single plane intake with propane, or at least an upgraded intake.
Performer is near stock.
remember you have the propane vapour taking volume away from the possible air flow so bigger runners needed vs a gas application.
also no liquid to fall out of suspension like a gas motor so intake tract needs are completely different

Are you looking for a 8,000rpm dyno champ, or just a good running, all around engine? Yeah... that's my input, from a guy running a ~200hp v8.

If you are looking for some heads----I have a pair of late model 5.0 mustang heads----will sell for a fair price----not sure if they will work on a 351 (not a Furd guy) but if you are interested PM me and if you need more info on them---I'll get intouch with the guy I got them from and get more info (i.e. year model, etc., etc.)

Just thought I'd throw this out there if you are interested.

---Byron

Back