Reasonable paint shop in Triad area

BigClay

Knower of useless ZJ things
The hood on my 96 Dodge Ram is peeling in a couple places and some surface rust is starting. I guess it is time to think about a paint job. I don't need anything crazy as this is just a good 'ole tow rig, but I also don't want the rust to start and get out of control. So any recommendations in the Winston-Salem/Greensboro/High Point area?

The Modern Automotive body shop did a great job on a wreck repair for me a few years ago. They’re off of Peters Creek.

Econopaint with "no bodywork" I think is $325, they run this special all the time and a "little car" is that $260 and full size is likely in the $300-350 range. I had some very specific dents, rust issues in rockers, and holes in my tailgate that they addressed for me so I think my total out the door was $475? Mine is simple, single stage paint, honestly no more complicated than the enamel paint stuff you can buy at Lowes / Home Depot for $25-30 for a gallon. If you have the time and knowledge and/or want to try it yourself you could paint it for less than $100.

Econo® Auto Painting | Affordable Car Painting | Current Specials

Paint your rig for under $100!?
Ok I posted up my article that I wrote years ago into our tech section! Just in case you or anyone else is brave enough to try this. I am not finding my original pictures that went with the article but you can see before, during and afterwards. If i find more I am happy to upload them.

So with all of that side, for me, TIME was the issue, dad is not as healthy and so for me, paying $325 for them to paint it vs $100 or so to do it myself, I chose to use them instead. Really depends on where you are and how quickly you need it etc. Personally I have a hard time driving 'ugly' and usually fix them up while I own em!

Back