rock portals

blech... tooo much portal (notice how tall the vehicle is?)..

I'd like to keep the portal more behind the wheel as much as possible... and the scrub radius must be insane!!

But, it's all gotta start somewhere, right?

Cool. Maybe I can swap my old Mog axles out for a set of these. ;)

Those portals really stick out there. Mogs are tucked in the wheel a whole lot more with very little exposed. Also, it seem like there would be a significant increase in the bending moment on the axle tube, beyond that of a traditional D60 installation.

It is a different way to skin the cat.

yea its definatly different. but for some reason something that tall "under" the axle just seems kinda sketchy to me. cool idea, but saying i even had the money for that sort of thing i dont think i would do it.

they r nice but that price is just a bit much ; I am not building nothing that serious

Looks like a bunch of dana 300 t-cases. Maybe somebody could make a home brew. Maybe brace it up some more though.

that's like putting an 8 inch block on the axle tube as far as rotation and spring wrap is concerned. my concern would be that you just gave the tire 8 extra inches of leverage against the knuckle it would be like running a much larger tire than you really are as far as kingpin leverage was or is concerned.

but man look at the diff clearance.

at least it's outside the box thinking

soon someone will take a mog end and attach it to the end of an angled down shaft for even more and it will fit more inside the rim. and run liquid disk brakes inside the cases for an even tighter fit.

rats i thought you were posting a portal kit for rockwells.

guys on pirate tore these things a new one as far as leverage and height and not looking very trail worthy.

Back