Rockwell Buggy

DieselWhale

Heres how it goes, i wanted a new project so i looked and looked and finally found this in the vehicles for sale section, i saw potential in it, it had a good body, it had good parts, and it had a good price, what it consisted of was brand new 46'' mickey thompsons rockwells etc. So i loaded up and headed to Virginia to pick it up. When i got there i realized it didnt have any trac bars it was just sitting on coils, so i had to think of a way to load it and haul it safely 250 miles back home, well got it loaded and started home and it wasnt 50 miles into the trip and the suspension gave way and almost made me :poop: my pants, anyways pulled over inspected the damage and continued on. But seeing the jeep slammed so low on the axles gave me my build idea, keep it low with wide axles and as big of tire as you can, so thats what im going to do, i have been collecting parts all year and now its time to build this machine that i have always dreamed of. Project Obsessive Compulsive
1974 Jeep CJ5
6.0L V8
4L60E auto
Stak monster box T-case
We will cut everything behind the driver and passenger seats out and tube the rear so it will then be a juggy.
All Fab work being done at VICE 4X4 by Tim Odell aka Firetoy
Tim is a great friend and a great guy to work with i would highly recommend him to anyone.
All brackets,tabs and Laser work done by Scott and Angelia Sills @ MUDPRO METAL WORKS
Fox air shocks-Thanks to Andy @ Carolina Truggies
49x21x16.5 Iroks-Thanks to Brandon @ RIDES
Linked front and rear with Ballistic joints
Full Hydro Steering
Pics will be added as build progresses hope you enjoy:popcorn:
This is how it started a big big mess, this is a pic off the post when i first saw it in the for sale section
ai46.tinypic.com_59u3b9.jpg

ai46.tinypic.com_k1dmaq.jpg

Then i got it home and started the tear down
ai46.tinypic.com_nwizko.jpg

ai47.tinypic.com_8we92g.jpg

ai48.tinypic.com_23kqcqp.jpg

ai49.tinypic.com_ek55le.jpg

More Pics as we progress right now it is just a pile of parts

Good shop, Firetoy does excellent work.

OOOOO!!!! now I see them! Thanks you that was bothering the piss out of me. I thought that was part of the house. :D

x2, I was staring hard into that picture and it took me 5 min. to see that piece of wood. its like one of those illusion pics! nice.

hahaha, I just showed my bud the pick and he was like "wtf, I don't know how its holding itself up" then I pointed out the 2x4! lol

buying some tubing soon to get this thing started. stay tuned. you won't want to miss it.

nice t0 see this getting started, j0rdan Im h0me end 0f the m0nth!!! N0 m0re Iraq, and I can start back 0n my CRUISER

OK im totally changing my build around and going another route, no more jeep body, changing to a full tube chassis buggy.
specs
400 small block bored .30 over on pane
turbo 400 automatic
coilovers(no more air shocks)
front and rear steer rockwells
203 and 205 t-cases
49s
full hydro
2 seater
ai47.tinypic.com_wsr2mb.jpg

jordan.... get your shit done man!! Ive only been home two weeks and look at how far I have come

Back