Rotton floor and need Roll Cage

Tshuelsman

I live in Raleigh and own a 83 CJ7. the floor on the jeep is about rotton out from under me and im looking to getting it replaced. I haven't had any experiance with body work and am looking for somebody around the Raleigh Durham Area that does body work.

anybody have any suggestions.

Also I am need of a custom roll cage, anybody know somebody who could build me a cage. After a roll over in Uwharrie last week it has moved up my list of "To Do's"

PJ's does great work. I'm not sure if he knows how to work on a Jeep? Ha, just kidding. He's a toy guy. Replacing floors in a Jeep can be a job and very time consuming if you want it done right. If you more interested in a ggod cage, then tie all your seat and belt mount into the cage and let the floor rot. Fix it from the top or bottom with some alum. And get some good paint and rust inhibitor to stop whats there. Let me know if you have any ?'s

Chris

I'm with ^^^ floorpans can be bought pre-made for Jeeps at a decent price, BUT they don't always fit perfect, still easier than making new ones though (if you don't have access to a shear/break. I'd mount the seats to the cage regardless of floor condition, but try to keep the floorpan install simple. That is a bigger PITA than building a cage (IMO).

Send it to Chase, he's close to you and does good work, although I or others could handle it, go with the guy that's closest. I COULD do it but don't want to right now anyways, I need to finish my own stuff :D (plus jeeps are bad luck)

Back