an alternative fuel you need to register with the IRS and remit for
every gallon used. Up until last January, the NC Revenue Dept. policy
only applied to fuel that was sold and bought. In other words, if
there was no transaction (as in the case of homemade fuel) there was
nothing to tax.

The NC office changed its policy to match the IRS policy as of January,
so now drivers are responsible for taxes on all on-road fuel regardless
of where it came from.

I'd call down there, and ask around for details. They offer classes, and they may offer individual training.

J

IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO RUN GREASE!!!!!!!
I HAVE SPENT THE BETTER PART OF TWO DAYS TALKING TO DIFFERENT GOVT. OFFCIALS AND NOW HAVE THE SKINNY.

out of the mouth of the chief investigator for the dept of revenue motor fuels dept.

i do not wish to publicly post all these peoples names and numbers without their permission but if you are currently running this stuff pm me and ill get you their names and numbers so you can verify yourself.

its not illegal to run it you just have to pay taxes on it. thats the hard part. you have to obtain a alternate fuels permit to be able to run it and carry logs and proof of purchase of your grease and prove it has been bought from a licesned distributor.

i intend on making a myself my own licensed distributor (or at least i hope) then i can recover and use my own waste oil. you will have to pay taxes on each gallon you use to the tune of .2685 cents

i did not copy all the statutes on this verbatum but i did speak with a TON of people and have all of their names and direct phone numbers.

the licensing falls under the biodiesel laws for home blended or refined fuels.
you also must be bonded for at least $2000.00 to be able to become a licensed distributor. ITS STILL WORTH IT!!!!

so as promised here is all the forms to get this done except the permit to run the stuff. this form could not be downloaded and had to be mailed out to me. it was sent out on tuesday so i look forward to recieving it and posting up copies. the permit form is coming from the D.O.T. ALTERNATE FUELS DEPT.

use this link to access the dept. of revenue to get your tax forms and bond application to be submitted to become a dealer

http://www.dornc.com/downloads/motor.html
form-----GAS 1262 TO BECOME A DISTRIBUTOR
GAS 1264 FOR THE TAX FORMS (REFERS TO BIODIESEL ON FORM)

GOT TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE AND FILL OUT ONE OF THE
"MOTOR FUELS TAX BOND FORMS"
HE WASNT SURE WHICH ONE WOULD APPLY FOR MY LEVEL OF USE

the permit application to actually run the stuff is in the mail to me now

there is a lot more that i learned and did not post about yet so please ask away so at least it feels like i accomplished something for 10 hours on the phone.
and again from the dmv, dept of ag., d.o.t., and d.o.r IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO RUN WVO. you just have to jump thru the right hoops!!

also i have to add the last person i spoke with is in charge of writing you the ticket for having it. (chief of enforcement)i was told that these laws are not national and in many states you can still run this stuff w/o any special legal mumbo jumbo. i was told that if it is "mechanically connected" to your fuel supply you will get a ticket. he warned that a shut off valve was still connected. so in short fill the paperwork out and :gitrdun:

Hmmmm .2685 a gallon. Or $26.85 per 100 gallons. Beats the heck out of $250.00 per 100 gallons! A little bonding insurance, some paper work. All seems worth the effort. DO I hear bids on my stash of bacon grease? You do know we southerners save it. Never knew why, but we all got it! Great Job Greg!

Good luck with it. FYI, Article 36D of Chapter 105 of the general statutes covers all of alternative fuels. Keep us posted on your progress thru the forms and approvals. Personally I wouldn't want to deal with the monthly paperwork, and the payment of taxes on a monthly basis. To each his own.

At over $2.10 a gallon...I'll jump through all kinds of hoops, I got better stuff to spend my cash on than making people who hate me wealthy... :flipoff2:

Thanks Greg and please pm me the people to get in touch with.

GREG, clear your pm file, message on my screen says its full and wont accept the new pm.
ill try later tonight again

greg slade said:
IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO RUN GREASE!!!!!!!
I HAVE SPENT THE BETTER PART OF TWO DAYS TALKING TO DIFFERENT GOVT. OFFCIALS AND NOW HAVE THE SKINNY.

Greg, you rock!!

PM me with addresses, I'm wondering if anyone you spoke with will want to set up a booth at the CNC truck show.

J

the thing that gets me is everyone on here is so worried about it being legal well who on here has ever speed, spun tires on the road anything like that is a misterminer just like the greese so how is one ok and the other not until you can say that you have never broken a single law then you cant look at anyone else and look down on that..

tempoffroad said:
the thing that gets me is everyone on here is so worried about it being legal well who on here has ever speed, spun tires on the road anything like that is a misterminer just like the greese so how is one ok and the other not until you can say that you have never broken a single law then you cant look at anyone else and look down on that..

And they don't post that here either, or we get worried about it if they do. Your point is?

hobie, pm sent.
i will be at the cnc truck show again this year too. look for the red half-a-jeep there, stop by and say hello. :beer:

I doubt if your gonna convince one of those guys to set up a booth but you could try. your best bet is gonna be with martin burrow, he was very helpfull.

tempoffroad said:
I've been stopped because of spinning tires. Its called "exhibition driving". Just a nice tail wagging pull out from a stopsign turning left. The cop stopped me, explained why what I did was wrong, and let me go. It is a ticket-able offense but not a misdemeanor.

If someone wants to run grease without doing it the official way, thats fine for them. However, don't expect a forum like ours to support you, and aid you in allowing others to do the same. It's the same stance taken for illegal off-roading. This forum is for responsible adults.

Lastly, I'm done with this thread and explaining to folks what is right and wrong, and how to be responsible for yourself. Good luck on your grease conversion and any documentation you decide to do. (You being the collective you).

Interesting, I got a ticket for spinning tires and it was careless and reckless. Cop was a MAJOR dick. would've really liked to hand him his. He just walked up and started cussing, yes cussing me out cause State just won or something. (Like I care if State won). Must've been a UNC fan.

rattlecanpaint said:
Interesting, I got a ticket for spinning tires and it was careless and reckless. Cop was a MAJOR dick. would've really liked to hand him his. He just walked up and started cussing, yes cussing me out cause State just won or something. (Like I care if State won). Must've been a UNC fan.

my spinning tires ticket was "unsafe movement from a stopped position" :driver:

Has someone on here got a ticket for running WVO? That sucks, I don't agree with that. If you're smart enough and motivated enough to make the grease work, more power to ya. Screw the paper work/tax BS. If they want to be fair and collect tax on evry vehicle, they'll build tollbooths. Civil disobedience man, its the American way :beer:

Back