sammy diesel swap?

4x4Van

Got a friend in Tennessee that is looking for a shop to swap a VW diesel into his Samurai. He doesn't have the motor and is worried about buying one online.

Are there any places around East Tennessee/North Carolina that could do the swap and find him a good motor?

He might also be interested in buying a Sammy that is already set up with a good running VW diesel if you all know someone trying to sell.

Thanks and Hafa Adai from Guam!

Hi
What kind of Samurai is your friend wanting to build, stock, mild, wild? What power plant is he looking for 1.6na, 1.6td, 1.9td, 1.9tdi? I've swapped a few and have had good experience using Acme's adaptor plates. Unfortunately I don't know any shops as I just moved to the area. I did run across a 1.6td shortblock, head and injection pump (you would still need manifolds and turbo if you wanted one) on CL. I would at least go for the 1.6td and if that isn't enough go TDI. Depending on what your friend is interested in might be able to help find parts but I am mostly into TDIs now. Depending on his timeframe I could do the swap, my spare time is limited with two kids.
Good luck, I'm always happy to see another diesel on the trails!

You may be able to gain a bit more info from the zuwharrie.com forums. It is dedicated to suzuki and geo vehicles.

We'll be glad to help out in any way we can. I may have a source for the motor and we're very capable of doing the swap. Give us a call at the shop at 828-785-1636 or my cell is 828-778-4598.

Back