scammer or idiot?

Banned User

Anyone else got anything like this from one of the boards? I was selling an adjustable trac-bar on this forum and on NAXJA, and on NAXJA i got this PM about my trac-bar

Hello

I am interested in buying the Adjustable Track Bar for 2-4.5" lifted vehicles that you have placed for sell now, and I would want to enquire about the present condition of the above mentioned, as well as some detail about you. I expect this timely enough.

As for the payment, I would need you to get back in touch with the last asking price as I will be paying with a certified cheque.

Lastly, please forward to me your full company's (or house address, telephone and fax) details as I will subsequently prefer reaching you through these facilities.

Yours interestingly,
Raymond ********

Should you need to reply to me, Please get back in touch with your details to me at:md_xxx10@********.com for a quick reply.

i know its a scam, a bad translator, or just plain :wtf:

hmm.. sounds to me like a copy paste that is trying to get your personnel info.. i wouldn't reply to it with anything. matter o fact.. i'd send a fw. to a mod and see what they do about it.

you need to do the right, upstanding thing and reply of course. you are selling a product, right?:flipoff2:

definitely a scam. i didn't realize they were infiltrating the boards via pm's now too.

Scam-a-lam-a-ding-dong. Got the same thing from one of my for sale threads on fullsizebronco.com.

Can anyone explain to me what is to be gained from this crap if you are the scammer?

Now scam-bait them. Make their life hard. There was a link to a website a while back, that told you how to do it. Its really funny. Somebody find that link!

I had a scammer try to buy my CJ. I played with him for about 2 weeks until he gave up.

I love telemarketing calls too. I have so much fun with them. Especially the Pharmaceutical calls. I quickly turn schizophrenic and need to order meds before my mom comes downstairs and catched me naked on the couch. Oddly they keep talking...

Exactly, it is now your civic duty to occupy and string along that scammer. Play dumb and then play even dumber. You will be protecting the actually dumb in the process. :usa:
The best victory I ever had was getting one of those idiots to fedex me their "payment"...at least they wasted $14 or so on postage!!!
:)
but yeah, it's fun to mess with them, for a bit at least...I used to have a collection of certified checks, made out to different funny names that I gave them...
idiots...
:flipoff2:

Back