dana 30-35s. he has purchased a set of d 44s
out of a scout 2. has anybody here ever installed
scout axles under a jeep? if so what kind of problems
do we need to look for? any tricks to make this
swap go smoothly? this is going to be a budget
build so any advice will be apprecated.

thanks in advance.
dawgtoy

outboard the front springs like vanburen said and cut the knckles and turn them as they are set a 0 degrees and you cant drive it down the road to save your life.

I've got Scout II 44's under my YJ right now, it rides great with 39.5" Boggers. It's got RE SOA 1.5" springs. I'll post pics tomorrow of the set up. I'll be selling the rear in a couple of months, swapping in a 14 bolt with disc's.

if you cut the c's off & turn them back for better caster figure in for some degree shims to get the yoke up, way up or the ds angle will be terrible. i learned this the hard way long long ago.

The front is tough to work with.

Steering arms on the scout knuckles are loooooong. If you want to use them as is, it will require a long pitman arm. If you use other knuckles, you sacrifice turning radius.

Can't use the knuckles for highsteer (at least not safely).

Spring over is tough due to housing integration. Cut/grind the "hump" to make a spring perch.

Caster correction is a must for SOA, unless you like your pinion in the dirt and binding up.

Try to go CV front shaft if you can, like from an EB.

I beg to differ. My Jeep runs excellent as long as your over 5 MPH all the way up to 70 MPH. Little wobble at 55 MPH then smooths out & always the feeling of running over speed bumps below 5 MPH. My Toyota had a set of 35" BFG A/T, then I put 39.5" Boggers on it & they rode better than the BFG's:rolleyes:. My old Jeep had Mickey Thompson Baja's they sucked in the mud & on the road, put a set of Thornbird's on it rode great. Now granted my Jeep doesn't ride like my Navigator or 300C but it's a pretty smooth ride:driver: for the way it's set up.:popcorn:

Here's pics

Pics aren't great but I can take better ones if you need.

ai224.photobucket.com_albums_dd65_altoids1993_IH_20Scout_20II_20Dana_2044_20SOA_5Dana44.jpg

ai224.photobucket.com_albums_dd65_altoids1993_IH_20Scout_20II_20Dana_2044_20SOA_4Dana44.jpg

ai224.photobucket.com_albums_dd65_altoids1993_IH_20Scout_20II_20Dana_2044_20SOA_3Dana44.jpg

ai224.photobucket.com_albums_dd65_altoids1993_IH_20Scout_20II_20Dana_2044_20SOA_Dana44.jpg

ai224.photobucket.com_albums_dd65_altoids1993_IH_20Scout_20II_20Dana_2044_20SOA_2Dana44.jpg

The front is tough to work with.
Steering arms on the scout knuckles are loooooong. If you want to use them as is, it will require a long pitman arm. If you use other knuckles, you sacrifice turning radius.
Can't use the knuckles for highsteer (at least not safely).
Spring over is tough due to housing integration. Cut/grind the "hump" to make a spring perch.
Caster correction is a must for SOA, unless you like your pinion in the dirt and binding up.
Try to go CV front shaft if you can, like from an EB.

"EB" ?

Early bronco

Back