Shock Recommendations for '99 XJ?

Macdaddy4738

Finally time to replace the shocks on the XJ. I believe the Jeep has a 3" lift on it.

I was going to buy Rancho RS5000x's, but everywhere I look seems to be out of stock. I'm thinking maybe they've been discontinued for the XJ? What are some comparable options? I do not take this Jeep wheeling, and it's really no longer my DD, so I don't need anything fancy like Blisteins.

As an aside, is it worth it to buy bar pin eliminators? I was thinking of throwing on a set of JKS eliminators while I was working on it, but I'm not sure it's worth the additional expense since this vehicle is really just a spare (for now).

Always been real happy with these.

order proper length and you’re good. I do recommend the bar pin eliminators for the rear.

I run Old Man Emu shocks and have been happy so far. No bouncing and not too firm. Heard positive feedback on Bilsteins too. If you're pinching pennies and have the rear sway bar mounts those can be used for bolt-on DIY bar pin eliminators.

Finally time to replace the shocks on the XJ. I believe the Jeep has a 3" lift on it.

I was going to buy Rancho RS5000x's, but everywhere I look seems to be out of stock. I'm thinking maybe they've been discontinued for the XJ? What are some comparable options? I do not take this Jeep wheeling, and it's really no longer my DD, so I don't need anything fancy like Blisteins.

As an aside, is it worth it to buy bar pin eliminators? I was thinking of throwing on a set of JKS eliminators while I was working on it, but I'm not sure it's worth the additional expense since this vehicle is really just a spare (for now).

I have a set of 4 Bilsteins for an XJ 2-3" lift sitting somewhere in my shop storage. You interested?

I've got doetsch 3000s on mine and I'm happy with them.

Definite yes on the BPEs, especially if you run into trouble on the rear upper mounts that way you only have to fix them once.

Back