Shop Info

SWAMP RACKET

Can anyone give me some info on Galloways 4x4. Do they have anybody there that can help you now. The reason I ask is to see if the reason they are slow is because of the economy or because of the people that work there. I have heard alot of things about Lester, Darrell, Chris and, Lynn.

Its slow up there becasue most of the time they could care less about there customers. they will get to ya when they get to ya.

^ thats the reason why everyone tells me. Other than there work being sub par most of the time also/ taking the quick way around stuff.

Dont know much about what goes on up there (only head that way when i REALLY have to have some used tires asap) But when i do have to go i hate it because of the way customer service is. But from what i hear latley around there loosing some business because of it.

Galloways and help do not belong in the same sentence. If they don't know you up there don't expect to get much except bad customer service and a big bill for some ok work. As chromerunner said they lose alot of business just due to their service. From personal experience I would reccomend looking to one of our vendors here on the board for what you need.

Lester has been going strong for 20+ years.
He doesnt give 2 shits about the rock crawling or trail riding crowd. Sucks for us but although he carries stuff we use, we arent his core customers. He caters to mud boggers and local redneck good ole boys.

Thing is he is very good at what he is, large selection of tires and parts, in stock for good prices.

Does he have good customer service?
nope
But if you can fit in you can get a decent deal, especially if hee has been in the sauce ::beer::

The one time that I dealt with them (about a year ago), they were very nice, polite, and efficient. I needed my set of used 37's mounted and balanced and they got them done quickly and for cheaper than any other company I had contacted (even cheaper than what they themselves had quoted me which was already cheaper than the other places). The tires seem to be smooth riding and well balanced so, I got what I asked for. Just figured I'd offer up a little positive experience with them.

SkyHi said it before I could, catch Lester on bottle day and deals are flowing. Also those guys carry and sell Interco (specials) dont ask for any other tire. Lyn has always been the best to me for the last ten yrs.

Also, bring CASH. Show the wad of cash to Lester, and he will want it. After he sees your cash stack he will be open to dickering over the price. He is WAY less inclined to deal if you're packing plastic. Do not attempt to negotiate over the phone, because whatever deal you struck over the phone will be forgotten about by the time you get on site, which frequently leads to hurt feelings on his customers part. I'm not claiming that is a sound business practice, it's just what I have noticed over the years. Follow this method and you'll get good deals from Lester.

in my experiemce with lester he is all about dealing with customers who know what they want.if you are undecided he will walk away until you make up your mind.i once caught him at the end of business and he was very helpful and talkative,but the next time i went in he was busy and all business(no time to bullshit).just my experience.

Thanks alot for the input about Galloway's. I must confess that I use to work there. It has been two years since I moved on. I was the one that put the lift kits on, and I had been there for a long time till things went sour. The reason I posted the thread was to show my wife that it wasn't the economy that ruin things, but the way Lester, Lynn, and Darrell have treated people over the years. You all had a lot to say about Lester, and believe me I know all about his ways, more then you could imagine. I sure some of you have had trouble out of Darrell and Lynn also. I hate to see what they have done to the business, and the customers. I regret I made the post the way I did, and if I have been a ass to any of you in the past I'm truly sorry. I know this properly falls on deaf ears with some, but again I apologize. I'm sure that alot of you still have some good stories, and I would like to hear them. Maybe some changes will be made in the future.

Ive had good dealings on wheels and tires, but he is always changing the price and wanting to give you credit for their merchandise instead of cash. Pricing on things other than wheels and tires is beyond ridiculously high (i checked gears, lockers, and lifts).

Ive only ever went there for used tires and once for new ones for my gfs jeep, its been different about everytime ive been there. Sometimes im completely ignored, sometimes im helped with a smile. I have noticed though that if they know you personally they will help you and talk to you quick like. My last experience with them though was about 2 weeks ago. Dealt with Todd and was satisfied with the way he handled the transaction. The rest of the tire crew seemed "thrilled" to be there doing there job as well. There was one little skinny guy doing all the work while the others stood around and shot the shit.

I hate dealing with Lynn. He is very slow and has a I could care less attitude. I only by parts from them if it is my last resort. I haven't had any service work done there but Daryl seems to be a pretty cool guy. I try to only talk to Todd if I'm looking at tires. Granted I only look at the used tires.

I always take a few 'gems' I think Lester might can sell, then alot of other junk to trade in (get rid of). Service sucks, but every time I have gotten a set of tires I feel I've come out getting a good deal. Normally involves trading stuff in I couldn't sell for a decent price, and tossing some cash in.

Lester is easy to wheel and deal with, having a bed full of tires that have a little tread, bumpers, steps, etc that you might have taken off of something will get you a long way (and cash).

i deal with lester only. down there you have to deal with the same guy everytime you go. like already said they cater to mudboggers and locals. take cash and lester will deal with you. sometimes he cuts up and other times its all business. most of this has already been said and its all true. but i can say that lester look out for me everytime i go there. and yes the red headed guy is his son and those social skills couldnt even help him. i'd rather carry on a conversation with a cardboard box then try to talk to that red headed f'r. i bet he has never smiled once in his entire life.

Back