Shop to build a i6 4.0 stroker Charlotte area

jpross

Hey I'm looking around for a shop to build up a stroker in the Charlotte area. Hoping to find someone who has experience with the i6 and has built reliable strokers in the past. So I'm looking for potentially a one stop shop that will mill the block, bore and hone, polish/port the head, turn the crank and assemble. Any suggestions?

1 experience. It wasnt good. I try not judge folks on one experience because everyone has bad days.
But based on my experience I wont give them a second chance.

Id second newcomer for a stroker. That isnt an everyday rebuild and thye have done several.

"several" might be an understatement.

Before I posted this ad, they were my preference based on what I could find just googling around. I was curious if any other builders were brought up here. I will try to get in touch with them and see what they can do.

"several" might be an understatement.
Yeah I debated on wording there "hundreds" seemed like a possible exaggeration, and dozens seemed ubiquitous so I went with the generic several.

I ended up speaking with Keith over at NewcomerRacing. He was a little hard to get in touch with at first. I left a voicemail and he ended up returning it later in the week. I have been hanging around jeepstrokers.com reading all I could so I could become knowlegable.. anyways I spoke with Keith and he was able to answer all the questions to issues with stroker builds that I asked him. I'm really excited about it and think he will do a great job, I plan to drop the engine off early december and he is going to build it up for me. btw, if anyone else is interested, they have posted a few videos on youtube of engines they have built, pretty impressive.

Newcomer racing built mine. I'm very happy with it. I would have him build me another or if you want to buy one already built I can save you some money. Message me if you want more info on it.

Keith rebuilt the V10 in my dodge, and was great to work with, the only limitation I had was trying to not have make it a fire breathing dragon haha

Back