Shops In the Raleigh/Wilson N.C. Area

D Batchelor

I would like some refferals on shops to do a lift on my 79 Ford
F150.I want to go with either 35's or 37's but I am very picky on things. This truck is more of a show truck than an off road truck so that bieng said. Any refferals will be appreciated also the truck is stock height and has never been lifted.

Thanks In Advance David

Try 4Wheel Parts on Glenwood (70).

Thanks guys who is ECGS never heard of them I know about down east off road just dont know how there rep. is. My main concern is with a truck this old. I want to make sure all parts are checked over good and the alignment is like it should be.
And im willing to pay don't want a bunch of cheap parts and subpar work.Thanks David

If youre in Wilson Id take it to DEOR, in Raleigh to ECGS. Ive delt with both and never had any complaints.

Duane

I have done a little research on them both this afternoon.I saw a little negative feedback DEOR but nothing serious but all good on ECGS so I will call them this week but still keep the recomendations coming. And as for DEOR it only seemed to be some comunication errors nothing bad as far workmanship Thanks David

I am paticular about my rig and am willing to pay for a high level of customer service. I chose EGGS to work out some kinks on my 2000 Wrangler. They are finishing it up now and so far I am happy with everything.

I have done a little research on them both this afternoon.I saw a little negative feedback DEOR but nothing serious but all good on ECGS so I will call them this week but still keep the recomendations coming. And as for DEOR it only seemed to be some comunication errors nothing bad as far workmanship Thanks David
Don't know if you saw this thread but you should before going to DEO. http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57857&highlight=down+east+offroad

What DEO cost me in money and time was very serious, at least in my opinion.

I've never heard anything negative regarding ECGS, only positive experiences from everyone who has dealt with them. 4Wheelparts is good but you are dealing with a big box company of sorts.

The manager of 4 Wheelparts is on here and he is great to deal with. Greg has always been fair with me. Big box company? I guess in name but you get some good service here at the Raleigh store :)

BTW, I'd stay away from 4x4 places in Wilson...

The manager of 4 Wheelparts is on here and he is great to deal with. Greg has always been fair with me. Big box company? I guess in name but you get some good service here at the Raleigh store :)

I'm with rock. Greg is a good guy, and far from the typical 4Wheel Parts store. I've had very negative experience with other 4Wheel Parts in California. When I came to NC I was recommended to go to Greg. I was hesitant from passed experience. I was proven wrong. They do a lot a good work. They go above and beyond other 4Wheel Parts stores. Chase from ECGS also does great work. Unfortunately he is very busy since his main business isn't build rigs. When he does build one, he does amazing work.

Called ecgs this afternoon late they said they would probably have to call me back tommorrow with details.I will post up how
it works out.Thanks For the refferals all feed back still appreciated.Thanks David

I have multiple friends who are now avoiding that 4wp just because of poor communication. They are all very nice people but there doesn't seem to be enough of them to keep on top of all the details.

Doesn't stop me from ordering stuff there I just plan on it taking longer then whatever they tell me. I've seen them put in some late nights to finish projects so it's not like they will leave you hanging all alone at least.

I've met Chase with ECGS and I liked him a lot. He welded my shock mount back on when I knocked it off before I had my own welder. I'd let him work on my jeep any day.

4 wheel parts in Raleigh will a great choice for you do get your f-150 done they do great work.

My intent was not to put down the local 4WP, just to indicate they are part of a big national chain hence the "big box of sorts" statement. ECGS is a truly local shop performing exemplary work and customer service.

I just got my rig back from EGGS and the Atlas transfer case shifts as smooooooth as butter now.

I am amazed by the quality of work and customer service.

EGGS gets a lot of praise on multiple forums and as far as I am concerned it is all 100% justified.

Going to call Chase this week and shcedule a date to get my truck lifted.I called gallaways and talked to lynn and he said to lift my truck it would be 850.00 to lift the truck with alignment.But Chase said they could do it for 1400.00-1600.00
with alignment.I was first suprised at the gallaways price and then remembered all the people saying how the price changed when they got there.I am scared to take that chance and be a victim.I would probably be locked up as far as they are from me if I got there and the price changed.Then I started checking the price of the kits alone and there is now way they can do it that cheap. What do you guys think? Thanks David

If you are in wilson and do not appreciate down east there is another option for custom work. Its a private shop, but they take outside work, ya'll can pm me if interested.

I know I am a little late hopping on this thread but I’d still like to add my opinion. I had Chase and his guys as ECGS install Longfields and an ARB in my Toyota’s front axle. I couldn’t be happier with the workmanship and customer service. While they were doing the work they noticed that the gears were not set right and showed me. They reset the front gears for a small extra fee (Since it was disassembled) and also redid the rears (not so small a fee because it had to be disassembled, but a very fair price), which was not part of the original work order. Needless to say with all the extra work it ran long and way past closing time. Since I was from out of town they stayed and completed the work which is something they didn’t have to do. The truck drives and crawls incredible. They have my business and recommendation for anyone needing work done.

Back