So I thought you guys might like this...

Trebissky

Man Hand-Building Hummer H1 From Ford Scraps
By Ben Wojdyla, 12:00 PM on Thu May 28 2009, 16,659 views
A madman Ford nut is hand-building an incredible Hummer H1 replica on the bones of a junker Ford F-150. The full scope of this fabrication fest can only be appreciated in the huge gallery below.

acache.gawker.com_assets_images_jalopnik_2009_05_Hummer_H150.jpg

:eek:

Oh yeah, the original thrwad on that build has been going for several years, can't remember the board but it'sincredible, he literally started form nothing and built everything by hand, fabbed the whole body etc.

i believe the key word is "obessive".

Only thing that sucks is that when it's all said and done, it still has a F150 drivetrain.

It takes a lot of time/skill to fab a vehicle from scratch, hat's off to the guy.

It reminds me how impressive to see how a race car is built from scratch.

Only thing that sucks is that when it's all said and done, it still has a F150 drivetrain.
It takes a lot of time/skill to fab a vehicle from scratch, hat's off to the guy.
It reminds me how impressive to see how a race car is built from scratch.

iirc from the thread, he got a 7.3psd out of a small church bus and put in there.

also if my memory serves me correctly he got most of his metal for free from his work. they didnt pay him for overtime so they gave him metal instead. the craziest part is that one of the only real "hummer" parts he got was the hood. he used a homemade press break to do almost all the panels.

he has a full build thread on fullsizebronco.com

Hell of alot beefier than any IFS or IRS on any truck out there today. I dont know what the civilian H1's came with, but the Military ones are pretty stout, considering the 1-ton of armor bolted to them that was never intended to be there and the way Marines and i am sure Soldiers drive them...They are pretty stout for what they are. I would love to see any 1 1/4ton truck with IFS, IRS and 1-ton of armor plate bolted onto it put up with all the abuse our HMMV's get dealt and still drive away. To include being launched on sand dunes when nobody is looking.

Back