Solar generators and battery power stations

Danger_Ranger

Just acquired a new to me slide in truck camper. Been doing a lot of research on the portable battery banks to power it. So many options and brands to choose from, pretty confusing. I'd like to keep the cost around $600 or less. Any experience or recommendations?

Buy a hobo freight generator and burn some dinosaurs. Lighter, cheaper, constant power (provided you have supply of dino juice), last longer, and they're pretty quiet these days

Kinda my thoughts too. Anybody tried one of the dual fuel small generators? That way I could run everything off of propane. Generator, stove, heat, refrigerator. New to the camper world, so just trying to figure out the best route. And also don't have a ton of storage in this camper.

Kinda my thoughts too. Anybody tried one of the dual fuel small generators? That way I could run everything off of propane. Generator, stove, heat, refrigerator. New to the camper world, so just trying to figure out the best route. And also don't have a ton of storage in this camper.
my buddy had a 2500 dual fuel and he said it worked great. I have a propane genny in my rv and love how it will always fire up even if sitting for a while. vs gas and carb issues

You can run it easily for a weekend off a decent 12 volt car battery. If it has a forced air propane heater, that'll put a hurting on the battery and your propane tank, putting the weekend thing in question. If you want to run the AC, you need at least a 2000w generator, and may need to upgrade the starting cap in the AC unit.

I bought a regular gas inverter genny and put a dual fuel kit on it years ago. Its only had one take of gas through it (it's recommended to run it on gas first to brake the rings in) and propane after that. One of the main things I like about propane over the obvious is the fact that a 20lb tank is equivalent to 5 gallons of gas. I can run it all weekend non stop and never have to fuel it up.

Back