Someone great to deal with

Benjie

It's a Toyota thing...
I wanted to share my little story about the guy I used to flash my PCM while doing my vortec swap. This is not intended to take business away from anyone on the board that is currently offering PCM re-flashing. Just wanted to give a good guy some much deserved publicity.

I found him on the net. www.lt1swap.com

I was a little skeptical to use him at first because his price was 1/3 of everyone elses. But, based on his website, I figured he knew what he was doing.

Got the PCM back, wired everything together, and the truck fired right up. But, it was missing on the #1 and #8 cylinder. I called him (figuring it was a computer problem) and he gave me a couple of things to check out. I ohm'd out the harness and and found all the connections to be good. Now the good part.

I called his number on a Sunday night at 9 pm to leave him a detailed message rather than sending a 5 page email. He answered his phone! I apologized for bothering him on a sunday night but he insisted on helping me. He took his GM prints and my painless harness prints and looked into the pin mapping of my PCM. He found that painless has in very fine print that the harness isn't intended to be used with a 1999 ECM, which of course my PCM is a 99. He told me to move two pins in the harness and call him back. I moved them and the vortec purred like a kitten. I called him back at 10:30 sunday night, he answered, and I thanked him for what he did.

For $75, this was a screamin' deal. For that kind of service, you can't beat it. His name is Brendan Patten.
By the way, he even called me about 4 weeks after he sent it back to make sure everything was ok.
In my book, he is a fine person to do business with. Here's to you Brendan :beer:

That's the kind of customer service that is so lacking in todays economy. If more vendors operated like this, we'd all be better off. Thanks for the info!

Sorry mods. I didn't think I could start a new thread in the vendor section since I was not a vendor. Thanks for keeping me straight though!

Back