Sponsorship

Fj40Kyle

Hey everyone, I really want to be sponsored. The thing is, I don't know anyone on this forum. I'm in the middle of a restoration and I need to post threads with specific questions. It would make my life so much easier. This whole under 21 thing is ridiculous in my opinion. Because honestly I've never had any trouble in forums, and the fact that I'm only 18 and am basically doing a 1971 fj40 restoration by myself is testament enough to my maturity. So if anyone cares to sponsor me send me a PM.

Thanks.

Hey everyone, I really want to be sponsored.
we're listening.....

This whole under 21 thing is ridiculous in my opinion.
oooooooo, rough start buddy.

the fact that I'm only 18 and am basically doing a 1971 fj40 restoration by myself is testament enough to my maturity.
mature enough to join the board and criticize the rules before you even know anyone???

So if anyone cares to sponsor me send me a PM.
right now, i promise you no one cares. PM me if by some miracle you get a PM.

:shaking:

The village is working hard Chuck...

Hey everyone, I really want to be sponsored. The thing is, I don't know anyone on this forum. I'm in the middle of a restoration and I need to post threads with specific questions. It would make my life so much easier. This whole under 21 thing is ridiculous in my opinion. Because honestly I've never had any trouble in forums, and the fact that I'm only 18 and am basically doing a 1971 fj40 restoration by myself is testament enough to my maturity. So if anyone cares to sponsor me send me a PM.
Thanks.

What other Forums do you belong to? Maybe someone will recognize you from there and see you are trustworthy.

The under 21 is a general rule like drinking.

I dont know if it's possible, but see if Larrysmith89 will sponsor you. Tell him to give you the sponsorship test.

mature enough to join the board and criticize the rules before you even know anyone???
I don't really see how knowing anyone on the board dictates my opinion about the rules or validity of my claim. I'm guessing I'd be right in saying that a lot of "underaged" users have ruined the experience on the forum. I still don't agree with the rule.
I know for a fact that the second I'm sponsored and tucked securely in the warm, tight bossom that is this sight, my opinion of this policy will be transposed as I will want to keep the riff-raff out.
Sorry if I offended any trolls out there.

was that strike 2 or 3? keep the sarcasm to yourself for a while.

keep hanging out in this forum. join in on the chit chat and banter. make a few friends.

in the mean time, www.ih8mud.com should answer any of your fj40 questions.

Usually the guys who come here and complain about the age rule are the ones who eventually get banned. Find your tongue for a while, tough it out. and eventually....not only will you have a sponser, but you will be well liked.

If only they had this rule in real life!!

if your underage you cant post in many sections and to gain full access you have to prove to everyone you can handle yoruself in an adult world and then have someone baby sit ya just in case.

kinda like AA but with stupidity not alcohol.

Go read the car wash thread (My Rant) thats one reason there is a age limit:shaking:

Yea that thread was ridiculous... but entertaining.

Hows this whole sponsorship thing work?

I don't really see how knowing anyone on the board dictates my opinion about the rules or validity of my claim.

let's say for example you were to immigrate (legally) into a country. you decide you want them to embrace you as a member of their society, but on your terms. so the first thing you do in this country is only follow the laws you want, and you publicly criticize those you do not agree with. you don't have any friends there yet, you barely can speak the language, and instead of becoming acclimated with the way things work in that country to see if you like it or not, you go against the grain.

it is not a matter of how many people you know dictating your opinion or validating your claim, it's a matter of showing some respect to others in a new and unfamiliar environment. it's a matter of not alienating yourself from possible future friends first thing. it's basically common courtesy to not act like an asshat.

I'm guessing I'd be right in saying that a lot of "underaged" users have ruined the experience on the forum. I still don't agree with the rule.
you don't have to agree, just comply.

I know for a fact that the second I'm sponsored and tucked securely in the warm, tight bossom that is this sight, my opinion of this policy will be transposed as I will want to keep the riff-raff out.
maybe so. maybe not. but this post sounds pretty sarcastic to me, and is not helping your case.

trolls aren't the ones to worry about here. it's the members that feel we have a tight knit community here based on respect for each other, this sport, and generally just not being an idiot. while we do brew up some heated discussions when our opinions differ, we try to do so on the terms of the boards rules laid out by the people that run this forum. and we look out for each other too.

that being said, welcome to the forum. stick around and make some friends. act like a good guy and you'll find someone to sponsor you before you know it.

I'm not trying to stir things up, I want to be part of a tight knit community, if I didn't want people who where geographically close to me to know I am into 4x4's I wouldn't of joined a forum called nc4x4. Well it seems that the regulars know my name now.

I dont feel responsible enough to sponsor anyone yet, but good luck Kyle.

Larrys a good guy! I would have sponsored him but hey i still havent paid for this site yet..... ill work that out at some point cause i want an Avitar!!!

Back