steering links Waggy 44

jdubb

So I am wondering if I can get away with crossover steering on top of the knunckle this photo shows simulation of 1.5 spacing on top of knuckle and leaf spring seperation.

community.dll

Can I get away with heims and 1.25 tubing? Hopefully the heims and 1.25 tubing will sit lower than the wood does.

hiems yes, you will have to drill a straight hole. I use 3/4 in mine. 1.25 wall no, too thin. I used 1" black pipe inside of 1 1/2" black pipe. Plenty strong, thick and not a problem yet.

Get some 1.25x.25" tubing, have a machine shop ream and tap them to 7/8" and you'll be fine as long as you use heims. If you use TRE's it may sit too high.

Otherwise you're just going to have to go with some high-steer arms. How are you planning on running the drag link anyway?

I am going to get a thick high steer arm for the passenger flat-top and run it straight to the pitman arm. I just don't know if the 1.25 tubing and heim setup will allow for clearance under the springs. I'm going to CRS tomorrow and pickup a stick of DOM and some heims. If I have any problems, I'll drill the arm and run high steering instead of crossover.

I have 1.5" DOM with 1/4" wall over the knuckle on my HP 44 cut down to waggy width under my XJ. I wouldnt go with any smaller tube than 1.5"x.25" for the tie rod. Andy should be able to help you out. He helped me get my front axle and steering together.

AARON

Back